GMC Truck Forum banner

501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Weird thing now is I’ve gone to put the truck in park the last few days and it goes into park but doesn’t register it on the dash display or unlock the doors and I have to wiggle the shift lever it to get it to show up on the dash and trigger the doors to unlock. I’m not sure if it’s the ignition switch or the shift mechanism itself

·
Registered
396 Posts
Weird thing now is I’ve gone to put the truck in park the last few days and it goes into park but doesn’t register it on the dash display or unlock the doors and I have to wiggle the shift lever it to get it to show up on the dash and trigger the doors to unlock. I’m not sure if it’s the ignition switch or the shift mechanism itself
Maybe the linkage needs adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Check that the lever on the side of the trans is fully engaged in park if not re adjust the cable. You just have to pop the coupler off put the trans in park and the shift lever in park then close the clasp. Also check for any of the cable mounts being bent. If that doesn't work time for a new cable or if that's not the issue I'd check the nsbu switch. Get one for a 4l60e if that's bad. Way cheaper then buying the Allison branded one.

Reactions: heysoos

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
If you buy a new cable get an ac Delco one. Every single time I've put in aftermarket ones for guys they only last 6 months or less before becoming so stiff you can't shift it anymore.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
Check that the lever on the side of the trans is fully engaged in park if not re adjust the cable. You just have to pop the coupler off put the trans in park and the shift lever in park then close the clasp. Also check for any of the cable mounts being bent. If that doesn't work time for a new cable or if that's not the issue I'd check the nsbu switch. Get one for a 4l60e if that's bad. Way cheaper then buying the Allison branded one.
I don’t have any issues with it going into any of the gears but the prnd321 display has been acting up. It’ll sometimes be bright and then sometime dim like there’s a bad solder joint

·
Some dude on the internet
868 Posts
I think that’s a possibility. I still have my ignition problem too but I’m not sure if it’s the ignition switch or the lock cylinder since the key is a pita to turn sometimes
That's true. You might be able to loosen the NSBU bolts and tweak it a bit to see if it's a little out of adjustment.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
That's true. You might be able to loosen the NSBU bolts and tweak it a bit to see if it's a little out of adjustment.
So just loosen the bolts, wiggle it and tighten the bolts down again?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·

Me: works on literally anything
Also me: takes an hour job and makes it a 3 day ordeal by breaking something

FYI a lly pcv hose it $500

·
Registered
544 Posts
View attachment 874151
Me: works on literally anything
Also me: takes an hour job and makes it a 3 day ordeal by breaking something

FYI a lly pcv hose it $500
I can relate.

Me: take door panel off of truck I work on all the time

Also me: breaks 2 plastic welds because it’s my truck and I think I know what I’m doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·

an hour install of a ppe turbo inlet is the multi day ordeal now. I need to rotate the mouthpiece down since it barely clears the hood

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
Man makes me not want to do my mouth piece and reroute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not hard but I wasn’t planning on breaking the pcv crossover so I didn’t have the hose to fix it

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·

If anyone ends up breaking the oem pcv crossover tube, you can cut the fitting off and the tube has a barb on the end already that you can put a 5/8” heater hose on. Don’t need to buy the fittings some diesel shops sell

501 - 520 of 554 Posts