GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been noticing that a few guys have Eaton Posi on their trucks....
what im wondering is does this make a big difference, how much does it cost, and what do you have to do to run it....

right now i have just the stock 3.73s on my 02 ECSB. well any info will help

thanks all

:gmfs: :gmfs:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Eaton posi is for beefing up the rear. If you are planning on adding a coverter, better low end gears, or any type of real power adder, like nitro, or a blower, the stock rear wouldn't hold it.

·
Banned
164 Posts
If you have the factory open differential, then going with an Eaton Posi would kick ass.
To put it simply, if you floor it and only one tire peels out, you have an open differential, with an Eaton, both tires spin. Both tires spin=better traction.
It takes awhile to get used to, but then you will know exactly how much throttle to give it and fishtail around corners...oh man it's fun. :burnout:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had a complete 12-bolt rear-end built w/ an Eaton 33-spline posi. unit, Moser drive axles, and 3.73 gears for $1,300. If I remember right, Eaton differentials are engaged by torque and this takes getting used to. It's easy to get the back end out in a hurry.....:grin:

·
Banned
164 Posts
slowsierra93 said:
Anybody know what to expect to pay to have one of these installed?
Depends. I had my Eaton posi and 4.10s installed for $200 by a place called Hooper's rear end in Sun Valley, CA.
4WheelParts wanted $550...for just the install!!! :bs:
Just shop around for a good price.
I spent $800 total for the Eaton posi, gears, install kit and the labor, and I'm lovin it :evillol:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now will this affect throttle response.....and what would i have to get.......

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well i have a 02 5.3L silverado ext cab with the 3.73 gears its an LT if that matters....but im wondering do i have posi or limited slip.....any help would be great

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Get on the road and floor if you leave two strips or just go, you have one. The other way which isn't as fun is look in your glovebox at all the those numbers and check to see if G80 is listed. Thats the code for the factory posi.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you.....ill do both ok....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts