GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting some step/nerf bars for my truck and was just wondering if anyone ever got theirs from anyone on Ebay. Seems like the prices are quite a bit cheaper, just wondering about quality and durability. I did notice that one of the name brands that were still somewhat cheap was Bully Step Bars, ($200 for ext cab). Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The old "you get what you pay for" is a hit and miss with nerf bars. Most of the generic black bars are all about the same. Some have thicker wall diameters and the like to make them higher or lower in price. I have seen greater differences when you step up to chrome or stainless. Bully, Go Rhino, DeeZee, Westin, Manik, Smittybilt...the list goes on and on. What you may want to check into is the cost of shipping. Some of the boxes can be extremely large and heavy. I've also seen many a set damaged in UPS or Fedex shipping. But $200 sounds about right for a decent set of black bars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i wouldnt buy of off ebay I bougth western instead and paid but i dont regreat the quality is great and they are very sturdy i wouldnt trust the ones on ebay at all.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
im not sure if theyd work but i got some black PC'd N Fabs for the OBS, brand new, make me an offer if your interested!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts