GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing to decrease the stopping distance after the added weight and rotating mass? Pads & slotted or drilled rotors? Where from?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, SS lines :imo

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, SS lines :imo
I see they don't sell direct to consumer. Did you buy yours online?

Looks like Power Slot needs to update their site. Their application guide doesn't appear to list part numbers for the NNBS or at least not 2wd.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Look at summit:imo
I need to upgrade myself:nonojest:

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
Just ordered SSBC 14" rotors with caliper relocation brackets and Hawk ceramic pads all around for my nnbs tahoe.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Just ordered SSBC 14" rotors with caliper relocation brackets and Hawk ceramic pads all around for my nnbs tahoe.
sweet

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hummm....14" rotors should make a difference huh? $435 @ Summit. Which pads did you get these?

Not much to do to the rear other than disc conversion I guess.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
well shit now i find this. i replaced my rear pads a few months back. but im in desperate need for some new rear rotors which are warped to shit. anyways these have been added to the to do list. thanks for the link!

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
Rotors came in the other day...just waiting for the pads.:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I never really noticed a change on my old lift, from stock to slotted and drilled with hawk pads and lines, but on my friends truck who got bigger rotors i did notice a difference, i would not waist your money unless you are going to get some bigger rotors to really see the difference.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
We sell both Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads. We have been doing a lot of these recently on several different vehicles - everything from new Jeep JKs to 1 ton trucks. For the price, its about the best braking upgrade you are going to get.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did I get the wrong pads? :ninja:

I wanted Hawks and these are the ones that came up on the site for my truck but the instruction sheet included with the rotors state:

"Before reinstalling the calipers replace the brake pads with a quality semi-metallic or carbon metallic pad. Ceramic brake pads are not recommended."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts