GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not A New Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my truck for three years and having to deal with the tranny shifting at weird points, I finally grabbed a scan tool and discovered that my TPS (and possibly accelerator sensor) were way out of wack. I replaced the accelerator sensor first (I don't normally throw parts at a problem, but it was only $30 for a Dorman replacement). No change. So, when the TPS I ordered showed up yesterday, I replaced it, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the MAF, and put bulb grease on all of the electrical connections. When I started the truck, it almost died, corrected itself, and I took it for a drive. Tranny now shifts smooth as butter!

However, this morning when I got in to drive to work, the CEL stayed on after the truck was started. Truck seems to run fine.

My question is, what is the correct ECU relearn procedure after I've replaced the TPS/Accelerator sensor?

·
Banned
366 Posts
Sure someone will come along to correct me if I'm wrong but iirc, disconnect batteries then reconnect, turn key on, slowly press accelerator pedal to floor and back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts