GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting tired of useing a dip stick on my york. So this week im gonna take it off an drill tap for a site glass to see the oil. But first im gonna practice on an old one lol. What do you guys think? If it turns out I will do a write up.

1,932 Posts
I would make sure the site glass is BIG! Take TONS of pics. I just dont see how your going to be able to know were to drill the hole?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I don't see you being able to get your head in the engine compartment to look in the sight glass unles syou putting it in the top? Good luck tho and definitly tell us hwo it works out.

1,932 Posts
I don't see you being able to get your head in the engine compartment to look in the sight glass unles syou putting it in the top? Good luck tho and definitly tell us hwo it works out.
LOL you act like we are trying to stuff this in a bodydropped to the doors on 22s S-10 with a 454BB under the hood. Hell on my 1-ton OBS were i had the york on the drivers side there was PLUNTY of room to see the whole side of the compressor. That was with a BB. Hes doing this on a OBS not a NBS those could be a little harder to see the side.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it shouldnt be to hard to figure it out, because i got another one that I can use to measure on before I drill into the one on my truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts