GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about running a EDC when I bag my ride this Sept. Does anyone know where I could get just the mounting bracket for the York compressor or maybe a group buy going on? Kits I'm finding are around $1000.00.
Two electrics gonna costs around $300.00 and if I need to run a 2nd battery you could prob add another $100.00 to that price. But would still need 1 electric for backup purposes. Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
well I got my yorks at autozone for about 100 bucks and I just got the braket from suicidedoors.com for about 150 i think I can't remember but you should be able to put one in for less than 1000 and they are way better than electrics IMO

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
well I got my yorks at autozone for about 100 bucks and I just got the braket from suicidedoors.com for about 150 i think I can't remember but you should be able to put one in for less than 1000 and they are way better than electrics IMO
York 209 or 210? What part number did you use? I'm looking at building one on my own instead of dropping over $1k.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a 210 and all i told them is that I needed an a/c compressor for an 88 ford f100
Got any pics of your set-up or the compressor? Any of you guys have a bodydrop? Just wanted to see how far out from the engine the compressor is mounted will be body dropping my CC next spring. Don't want it to get in the way.

I just looked at Suicidedoors.com and they have the whole kit priced at $630.00 for 99-04gm and free shipping which is the lowest price I've come across. All the kits I've been looking at where around $1000. I thought KP components had a kit listed at $1000. but I just checked and couldn't find any EDCs on there site.
I wonder what would make the price different? Maybe because more people starting to use EDCs. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of truck are you wanting to put this in. I've never seen a kit for a grand. I paint $500 for mine. Check out gravity-werx.com they sell just the brackets and such also.
05crewcab, The more I'm finding out about EDCs the more I'm thinking of just going that route from the start.

·
Registered
445 Posts
suicidedoors.com ftw i think everything you need comes out to like 650 at SD.com

nothing beats an EDC IMO, i loved mine..... would fill up 12gallons of air at freeway cruising like 2500rpms in 30 seconds

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
suicidedoors.com ftw i think everything you need comes out to like 650 at SD.com

nothing beats an EDC IMO, i loved mine..... would fill up 12gallons of air at freeway cruising like 2500rpms in 30 seconds
Yea I hear that, I love mine! I think about mounting an other were my air pump use to be. But if you put one on I would reccomend a BOV that is built into the pressure switch to let the pressure out of the head. The BOV will let the compressor start up much easier an prolong the life of it. :head:

1,932 Posts
Yea I hear that, I love mine! I think about mounting an other were my air pump use to be. But if you put one on I would reccomend a BOV that is built into the pressure switch to let the pressure out of the head. The BOV will let the compressor start up much easier an prolong the life of it. :head:
Yeah boy!!!! I checked out ryans truck yesterday and that is a NICE little feature that makes since about releasing pressure in the head of the EDU so when the clutch engages its nice and easy. Ryan could you post up a link to what your talking about? :rocking: :nopics:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I Have been running an EDC since july 2004 with no issues what so ever, people always talk about them burning out and what not, but I have been running the same one since. also I have a do it yourself EDC kit sitting in my garage if your intrested just shoot me an offer it has everything minus the bracket. everything is new let me know

·
Registered
445 Posts
i have one 1 viair 450 on my silverado which fills my train horn tank, and that 1 compressor is about 10x loud then the edc was on my s10... lol

i dont know how people run 3-4 viairs in their bed it would drive me insane

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
my truck is bodydropped 3 inches and the compressor still fit under the hood but just barely...i had to notch a crossmemeber on the hood to clear but that is with a 210...the 209 that comes with the airlift kit will clear fine...the only reason i dont still have the 209 that came with my kit is because i overtighten the bolt on the head one day when i was workin on something under the hood and the fittin would never seal so i had a 210 layin around and used it...one thing though...the 210 pumps a noticable differance more than the 209

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.