GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have noticed a little bit of bounce around 50 mph now. I'll try ifferent roads at 50 mph to rule out a bad section of highway.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
:insane: Well, I took them back. Way to stiff for my liking. So I am back to the shock search.:insane:

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I'm about to try the newer version of belltech, their rep said they are made in house and are a million times better then they were before, may be worth considering since they're probly cheap.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I will check on Bilstein. I have 8 of the 5150's on my big truck and I like them for it

It is hard to find the right shocks because most shock companies don't give the collapsed and extended lengths. I think the IAS shocks I had were valved for a heavier truck, especially the rear. This is why it rode much stiffer.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken Bilstein's website is pretty good at listing overall compressed and ext lengths. Look into their OEM 5100 shocks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I prefer the DT's or the IAS. The DT is softer but I would consider it mild.
Is there a listing of their shock applications showing the collapsed and extended lengths? I am having a really hard time finding shocks for my application.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,734 Posts
why bother looking for shocks if you are going to lower the truck? I'd look for new shocks once the truck is dropped...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Cool, which shock will give me a smooth ride on the street. I care more about ride then handling. I'm not gonna be haulin a-s down the curvy roads.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts