GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im doing 4/6 drop on my truck, and i want to run the edelbrock shocks, but they have discontinued the 33019/34019 which are for a 4/6 drop. I bought two of the 33019 off edelbrocks website today from there closeout section for 30 bucks each with free shipping, but i cant find any 34019 anywhere.

My question is if i run shock extenders, can i use the shock (34023 i think) that is designed for a 4 in rear drop, or will it still be to long and not work properly?

·
Registered
654 Posts
You should try it and see. Or you could try to get the compressed/extended lengths to see if they will have enough travel for your application.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
i had the 4" shocks in back of my crew cab which was dropped 6". There is ZERO room for shock travel, bottomed out so I sold them.

If you did extenders, the shock would almost lay completely flat, which is why I chose to just stick with swapping them out.

edit: is the 33019 even gonna work for you?

33019: 1999-01 GMC 1500 2Wd W/3F6R Drop, (Front)

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i think that's the one people would run for the 4in front drop, its designed around belltech components, so spindles and springs, which is what im doing, so i should be good.

Guess ill just get some QA1's for the back and not have to worry about it. Its a shame they discontinued the 4/6 drop shocks for the NBS trucks.

I know the OBS 88-98 trucks, they still make the 4/6 drop shocks, but the rear upper mount uses a t-bar, anybody think if ou removed the t-bar they would work on a NBS?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
How do the edlebrock shocks ride.. I need some for my truck with a 4" drop in the rear...
fking amazing pretty much sums it up. I miss them dearly! Still rolling them up front tho.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Well, i think that's the one people would run for the 4in front drop, its designed around belltech components, so spindles and springs, which is what im doing, so i should be good.
I think you shoulda went with this one:

1999-06 1500, lowered 2" Part # 33023

You are probably using a 2" spring and 2" spindle. A 2" spindle doesn't change the shock size, a 2" spring will. So in essence you only need the above listed part number. Thats what I have and I am 3" in front and it rides awesome!

Either way you are going to be very pleased with the ride!

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Sweet are they the ias shocks? I need some but I haz a 4wd with a 2/4 anyone wanna get me the part numbers I can run stock ones up front

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Sweet are they the ias shocks? I need some but I haz a 4wd with a 2/4 anyone wanna get me the part numbers I can run stock ones up front
If you change your mind i have bilstein shocks that will work for your front, i belive boostaholic is running them and likes them alot. I have drop keys so they didnt work for me but if your running spindels they will work.

http://gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161242

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
edelbrock.com

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you shoulda went with this one:

1999-06 1500, lowered 2" Part # 33023

You are probably using a 2" spring and 2" spindle. A 2" spindle doesn't change the shock size, a 2" spring will. So in essence you only need the above listed part number. Thats what I have and I am 3" in front and it rides awesome!

Either way you are going to be very pleased with the ride!

Well i thought about that, but im going to be running the Eibach drop springs up front and they say they are 2.5 drop, and a few people say they will settle alittle, so i figured the shocks for a 3/4 in drop would work better. Plus i got them for 30 bucks each, so if they dont work out then im not out a whole lot.

I originally was going to run QA1 adjustable's all around, but they are alittle pricey at 140 bucks each, so i am going to run the edelbrocks to start with and see how they do.

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, ive been doing alittle more research on these edelbrock shocks, and found the extended and collapes specs for all there shocks on edelbrocks website.

The 88-98 shocks for the 4/6 drop are 3345/3445

3345--Ext 14.12 Coll 9.82 with a 4.3 stroke.
3345--Ext 22.75 Coll 14.85 with an 8.1 stroke.

The 99-06 4/6 drop shocks are 33019/34019 which have been discontinued.

33019--Ext 13.33 Coll 9.34 with a 3.99 stroke.
34019--Ext 19.79 Coll 13.19 with a 6.60 stroke.

And the front shocks for 88-98 should be a direct bolt in on a 99-06, as they use the same body and rod end parts, are are just over a 1/2 in longer than the 33019 which is no longer made, and i dont see that 1/2 making much differance.

Now with the rear the 88-98 shocks are about 1.6 ins longer, which i think would cause some bottoming out of the shock and eventually blow it out or break it, but maybe with some shock extenders it may work, you would just need to remove the t-bar from the top mount cause the 99+ uses an eyelet.

Now the question, the edelbrocks are 100 bucks each, and the QA1's are 140 each, is it worth saving the 80 bucks to try and use the edelbrocks, or just spend the 80 bucks and buy the QA1's???

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, in case anybodys is wondering here are the P/N's and specs for the single adjustable QA1 shocks.
TC1914P Front Ext 13.50 Coll 8.75
TC1661P Rear Ext 21.00 Coll 13.50
Those are the closest ones specs wise to the discontinued edelbrock ones for the 99-06 NBS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts