GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, anyone know where to get the best price on these??? I'd like to get them soon!! I have the bug for more HP and it's getting to me more and more! HAHA....Now I figure I want to go with the ceramic coating, even though I'm not really sure of the advantage of this. Is it to keep heat down? Or what?
THANKS! :worship:

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
The Edelbrock headers are badass, i used to have a site to get shit cheap, but all my stuff was wipped out, ill work on it for you though

·
Registered
85 Posts
Iused to have some of the TES and I loved them.I have the Thorley tri-y longtubes now and they are much better though.

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well of course I want as much power as possible...And I've heard long tubes are the way to go but the downside is that they produce a lot more heat, take more to install (not really an issue) and are a lot more expensive...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
have you looked into The Other Guy's headers?.. i have them... they are an in between mid and full length.. they weld right upto the cats

they were amazingly easy to install also.. give great throttle response and have a nice loping at idle...

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah man i have the edelbrock headers...i love em and went with the shorties cause my dad wouldnt let me fuck with my cats...but if you want more power get long tube headers....but i got mine for cheap...it was 300 for both of the ceramic coated headers....

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and just to clarify...long tubes mean more power right?? but more heat too??

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, I'm confused.....First why can't I find ceramic coated ones? And why does it seem that the ceramic coated ones I do find are for 98 pickups but 97 tahoes? What about 98's like mine? Or 99's? And why are the only TES headers I can come up with on the edelbrock site are black and for heavy duty and towing? :insane:

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone?!? HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

please? :bawl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts