GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Sub and of course looking to mod it some.

For performance, I'm not looking at too much as its a 6000 lb lead sled for the family. Looking for exhaust, an intake and a tuner. I have used the Edge Evo before on my old 03 F150 and really liked it, especially able to sit on the dash and monitor some vitals that the cluster can't or doesn't.

They look to be priced at about $430 (just started looking really) and know that it will help the performance of the truck. I know its not a 'end all' tuner, but the ability to monitor stuff is a plus.

My question, is there another product out there that's both tuner and gauge system out there, especially one that's better? I looked at BBP but didn't see the gauge part of it. I've heard hit or miss reports of Hypertech and Diablo, and don't think you can monitor on those either.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Edge is fine. Custom maps are better but Edge is fine. Spectre makes the most inexpensive intake. As for exhaust. Find a local shop to take a chambered muffler (Flowmaster 44, Cherry Bomb Pro) and replace your factory muffler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Edge Evolution CS with matching dash mount in mine and I love all the different gauge options to choose from, it cost me about $375 from amazon and the dash mount was about $40. I also have MBRP's 3 inch cat back exhaust and Airaids intake pipe and i couldn't be happy with everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have my edge Evo cts. Love it however if I had the money I would invest in the black bear tune and the edge insight monitor.

Also air aid intake

Sent from Team Sierra

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Edge Evolution CS with matching dash mount in mine and I love all the different gauge options to choose from, it cost me about $375 from amazon and the dash mount was about $40. I also have MBRP's 3 inch cat back exhaust and Airaids intake pipe and i couldn't be happy with everything.
That's what I'm looking for! In my F150 it was the old Edge that sat there, now looking at them they are a lot fancier. I haven't seen a mount that said it would work with the Sub, but they're the same dash as this and I like the look here, and can watch it better.

I did not look on Amazon yet. That's a good call there

·
Registered
9 Posts
ya i really like edge's dash mount because it is even textured the same as the factory dash so it blends in really well. I also got my exhaust from amazon and the whole system was only $330 which i thought was an awesome deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I'm looking for! In my F150 it was the old Edge that sat there, now looking at them they are a lot fancier. I haven't seen a mount that said it would work with the Sub, but they're the same dash as this and I like the look here, and can watch it better.

I did not look on Amazon yet. That's a good call there
Amazon has them for $377 for the CS and pod for $40, a lot less than any other place I've seen. I'm looking at the CAI and exhaust now. Just getting ideas really. On the same F150 I had a magnaflow cat back and air force one CAI and that paired nice together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts