GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering how many people have done an efan swap on there trucks or if the factory did one so i can have a total factory look if i chose to do one. i have a 2000 silverado with a 5.3 and auto trans.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWESOME! ok so basically i have one question. if you want the stock efan off a 05 you need the radiator, fans, harness, program and do you really need the bigger alt? and if you got the alt (which i could see cause more demand on the electrical system) do you have to run an OD pulley? or will the stock ones work?

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
I would just make sure your electrical system was good and throw the efan on, get one of those hayden relays from checkers.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Don't even need a fan, just remove the clutch fan and drive.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well as far as the alt goes. is the bracketry the same? if my alt takes a dump i figured it might not be a bad idea to swap it for the 145 amp one i will need eventually. but what else would need to be done to make the alt work like factory?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had an 03 avalanche, and i bought the nelson performace harness, i pulled teh old fan out, slid the new one in, threw the harness in. and was done with it. simple as that, no brackets, no alternator, i think i needed 2 bolts for bolting the fan to the rad support, also had to put a pin in the PCM, some people arent comforatable with that, and you have to have teh computer tuned so the fans will coem on at whatever temp u set it for. easy swap though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts