GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Aggie Track Team
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends went mudding at the local mud hole, but i didn't want to get my truck muddy cause i just waxed it. can mud really hurt the paint, if not then i may go today after school :rocking: but if so i want to keep the shine for a while. what do yall think.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
I expect to hear alot of no's on this but I myself am going to have to say yes. When I was muddin around in my beastie white explorer on 33's, The red clay shit acctualy stained my paint. If its just mud its not gonna hurt if you clean it off later, its when there is rock embedded in the mud is where it starts to mess the paint up.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ive got a white truck, been in a lot of mud, and never had any problems with it stainin paint or anything. Ive left it on for a week to 10 days at the most...anything more than that isn't good for it because it traps water in and can make bring about rust alot easier. If its cleared well enough, it shouldn't staint the paint...its cleanin it up and scratchin the clear coat off, then it can stain the paint. Just be careful when u clean it up and havin that fresh coat of wax on there could help clean it up easier.

·
Registered
232 Posts
give it a GOOD, THOUROUGH wash (preferably with a pressure washer) and make sure you get all the mud off (the sooner the better) and you shouldnt have any problems. if you dont wash it off thats where you start gettin into problems.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
just don't let it sit for days without cleaning everything off.. not only the paint, but everything under the truck too

·
Registered
832 Posts
I washed the body of my truck yesterday after 6 months. I had some decent mud caked on it, it washed right off the paint was as good as new. Like I said on FSC, just dont let ppl run their fingers through it and it will hurt your paint as mud as the sun.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Mud is not reall bad for paint, rocks, posts, trees and branches are though. Don't worry about mud, its the least of your paints worries. My next paint job will probably be the untextured duraback.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Like Eisenfaust and bggrnchvy said. The mud really dosnt hurt anything. Watch out for trees etc..

Just do not leave it there a LONG time b/c it will trap moisture and can promote rust.

If I do not have the time to wash the truck.. I usually try to spray the brakes off. Then wash it up when I get a chance. :imo

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
mud will not harm your paint if you wash it off AS SOON as you get home. hell stop by a car wash and spray it off on the way home.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Depends on the mud. There is some mud in certain places with pollutants in it that can harm your paint, but the majority of it is harmless.

I didn't wash my truck for 3 months...while being at philmont...it came nice and clean :D

Good wax helps also.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If Mud Sits it will ruin your paint. Its also the biggest pain in the ass to wash off your truck after the fun is over. :nono:

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Those quarter power washing stalls are AWESOME after a mud trip!!! $2 bucks and the paint and frame are clean and htere is no cleanup for you :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You shoudl see what the mud at the Devil's Den does to your tires :D It turns them BLUE! Apparently there is some sort of leaky sewage line running through the area and it leaks blue dye. It doesn't come off for months :D Doesn't do anything to paint though.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Whifflebat said:
You shoudl see what the mud at the Devil's Den does to your tires :D It turns them BLUE! Apparently there is some sort of leaky sewage line running through the area and it leaks blue dye. It doesn't come off for months :D Doesn't do anything to paint though.
:think: :think: Ive been there 4 or 5 times and have NEVER heard or seen of such a thing.

Blue burnouts!! :rocking:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.