GMC Truck Forum banner

EFI Live!!!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dietz4ibanez 
#1 ·
Heck yeah what a great day for me even for a Monday... I called in sick and when I woke up this morning there was a package awaiting me on the porch!

Oh yeah, it was my EFI Live!!!

So my buds Jesse and Jess over at Husker Diesel out of Lincoln, Nebraska hooked me up!

I was on the phone with Jess for about an hour tops and he set up my tune... Basically what he gave me which he doesnt put an amount on hp but he said that it would be around 100-120hp gain at the wheels... Which is plenty for now and I will be in the 400's at the wheels for now...
We changed the top speed to 130...
I ran the transmission relearn process after I got off the phone with Jess...

This process is done by:

4 0-60 runs at 1/4 Throttle
4 0-60 runs at 1/2 Throttle
4 0-60 runs at 3/4 Throttle
6 0-60 runs in Tow/Haul Mode- Re learn for TH is more rapid

Tranny felt funny at first and Jess told me that this would happen...

I went to auto zone and got a few things and Jess told me to call him when I got back to see how things went..

When I started the truck up it threw 2 codes...

p041D,p041D

These were the 2 Sensors in the exhaust system...

Jess told me that what they usually do is they leave the sensors hooked up and put them in a plastic bag and zip tie them to the frame! I didnt like that at all..

So we tinkered with the EFI Live Software and Found that you can turn those sensors off to the main harness... Engine Light is off!

He then showed me how to update some other things like tire size and ect.. And told me to give him a call if I needed anything!

The power gain is amazing and so far I am well Pleased!

See less See more
#3 ·
Some times it pays to call in sick. Glad you figured the sensor deal out, i wouldn't have like the plastic bag/ zip tie deal either.
haha yeah

Check out the Exhaust clips from the exhaust! I posted them in here too!

#5 ·
Yeah no kidding dude... That thing blows smoke like crazy!

#6 ·
Efi ftw!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.