GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pressure washed most of it off, but since it was at night, I missed some and got most, but its between the cab and bed. Also, my paint has scratches now. What all do I use to clean it up? I also have some bad scratches. I have a porter cable orbital 6oz. and the meguiars claybar kit and some scratch-x polish. What do i need to buy? And how do i apply them?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
sorry to hear someone hit your truck w/ eggs. Unfortunately egg shells do a lot of damage to vehicle clear/paint. They create a lot of micro scratching that cuts right through the clear. The shell does more damage than the actually yolks, but you still need to make sure you clean the area that has egg yolk on it b/c the enzymes can certainly do a lot of damage if left on the paint.
Unfortunately, correcting the damage caused by the shells may not be possible. You may be able to improve upon the defects, but a full correction is pretty rare if you were hit hard. I see that you mentioned having a pc to work with, thats a good start. Did you mean you have 6" pads? or 6oz's of a product? I'm confused. Anyway, If you'd like to give it a shot at correcting the shell marks, you'd essentially want to start w/ an aggressive compound on a cutting pad. IF you have 4" pads to work with, thats even better. I'd say optimum hyper compound to start. Follow that up w/ a less aggressive polish such as ssr1. That should clear up any hazing the ohc causes. (ohc finishes really nice for a compound). Just use the ssr1 on a polishing pad. Then move to something like red moose glaze. Glazes can help hide defects. Then just top with a carnuba wax. I can't guarantee that you'll have improvements though. Like I said, egg shell damage is tough to correct.
You still may want to give the affected area of the truck (from the yolk) a full detail though, just to try removing as much as possible. Go ahead and do the standard, wash, clay, wash, polish, (then finish w/ last step process of your choice).
Hope this helps. ... lemme know if I can help set you up w/ anything.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep there are bad for paint ............mostly the impact of the egg hitting the paint , my son was sitting in his car and some punks drove threw the hood egging cars , he followed them in his car and chased them down , got there tag and i called the locals , they were arrested and paid for the damage , the paint was spider cracks ................

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'll buy those polishes and what not. About the 6oz. thing, i meant the weight of the rotating weight. We found that kid tonight at the local hangout. It was amazing how fast he ran out the back door when he saw us looking for him.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i'll definitely pick up some stuff from you once i get a few more bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts