GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched couldn't find much. I got my long tube headers today. Waiting on my ls1-fans harness and tune. The headers don't have egr provisions. I know they can delete the egr in the tune. Does anyone use/recommend a specific kit to block the egr valves on the motor? I was thinking I could just use a small piece of metal and rtv to seal it off. Will it hurt anything not having the egr. I don't have emissions or inspections where I live.

Thanks for the help

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
doesn't hurt anything, as for blocking it off with a piece of metal-idk.. someone else should be able to answer that.. they sell kits, but why pay for something you can make from spare parts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my thinking. We have all kinds of metal at work to make block off plates and the mechanics have rtv so cost would be $0 just labor.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over on ls1tech I found a Gm part no for a factory egr block off plate. 12558346 Going to the dealership tomorrow to see how much it is.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
cant find that part number on gmpartsdirect.. other people are asking if it was discontinued.. so might not be available..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I didn't see it either. I didn't see my over head console bracket on gmpartsdirect either but the dealership called some place that buys nos parts and they had the bracket so maybe I'll get lucky with the block off

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
there's only one dealer in the country that shows that piece on hand, they're in Mississippi

BARNES CROSSING CHEV BUICK GMC
(NEW ALBANY, MS)
(662) 534-2266

·
Registered
419 Posts
I used a rubber freeze plug. Stick it in the intake manifold and tighten the nut up. Mine has been fine for 2 years. 1-1/4 plug

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to Chevy today and they said it was discontinued. I ended up ordering an aluminum housing block off online after lunch. Im dropping the Pcm off Friday for the tune. Can I get the plug at Home Depot or something until the fancy one gets here?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Lowes, home depot, I got mine at advanced auto parts. I'm sure anany parts store would have.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
there's only one dealer in the country that shows that piece on hand, they're in Mississippi

BARNES CROSSING CHEV BUICK GMC
(NEW ALBANY, MS)
(662) 534-2266
I went to Chevy today and they said it was discontinued. I ended up ordering an aluminum housing block off online after lunch. Im dropping the Pcm off Friday for the tune. Can I get the plug at Home Depot or something until the fancy one gets here?
I told you that yesterday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts