GMC Truck Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 158 of 158 Posts
shanker said:
I was waiting for someone to catch that...cause that truck has had over 100,000 miles put on its inferior 2 link w/o a SINGLE PROBLEM! It also had all copper lines and still using the origional EKMV valves...not bad eh?
You can eat dinner off a paper plate and it still works....but in the end you are still eating off a paper plate :read:

shanker said:
I was waiting for someone to catch that...cause that truck has had over 100,000 miles put on its inferior 2 link w/o a SINGLE PROBLEM! It also had all copper lines and still using the origional EKMV valves...not bad eh?
Yeah, but again it was done 5 years ago when I'm assuming they weren't doing the celebrity work and the big trucks for SEMA, etc .. not trying to argue, just putting in my 2 cents about how companies in general that were ocne great, can go down hill.

Y2KSierra said:
You can eat dinner off a paper plate and it still works....but in the end you are still eating off a paper plate :read:

it goes up/down, lays out, and has been shot for a print feature...

and again..has over 100K on it since it was bagged, Im failing to see the problem, especially with reliability or maintence.

shanker said:
it goes up/down, lays out, and has been shot for a print feature...

and again..has over 100K on it since it was bagged, Im failing to see the problem, especially with reliability or maintence.
Just curious what do you have on your truck?

So you used the extensive 2 link rear?
You have pictures of your install?
I am curious what the driveshaft looks like at the transmission tailshaft at full extension and laid out. If it is an extended cab you have pictures of the carrier bearing at full up and laid out?

shanker said:
ekstensive setup

Slam Bags, ODE Valves, DOT 1/2 Line, all stainless steel hardware.

all done myself.

dapolice1 said:
So you used the extensive 2 link rear?
You have pictures of your install?
I am curious what the driveshaft looks like at the transmission tailshaft at full extension and laid out. If it is an extended cab you have pictures of the carrier bearing at full up and laid out?

I'll take some, I like what you want to see though, full extension, and laid out! what a fucking joke, how about a ride height (which is about 2 inches above laid out. My U-Joint look good, I have about 60K on my ekstensive kit, 160K on the truck, and just last week, replaced the OEM U-JOINTS!!!! I dont have any vibrations (except out of my right front wheel cause the stick on weights dont stick too well)

but neways, heres a pic of my truck, I'll get some of what you want to see though.

what are you rollin in?

ps. we can get into a pissing match if you want....just start another thread

Man I was just asking some questions.
I did not want to start a pissing match with you either cause I really do not feel like pissing ON you man.
BTFU and chill out..

I am done with you if your going to be an ARSE...

shanker said:
what are you rollin in?

ps. we can get into a pissing match if you want....just start another thread
I didn't see anything offensive in his post or anything stupid about the questions he asked. Nor did I see him try to start a pissing match. Looks like you need to take a chill pill dude. And remember, you can always choose not to answer.

And by the way, asking to see pictures at ride height would have been pretty dumb, as we all know the suspension is going to be somewhere in the middle of it's travel anyways. With a 2 link I assume he wanted to see it all locked up to see if it looked like the driveshaft was anywhere near being pulled out of the transmission.

bcubed said:
I didn't see anything offensive in his post or anything stupid about the questions he asked. Nor did I see him try to start a pissing match. Looks like you need to take a chill pill dude. And remember, you can always choose not to answer.

And by the way, asking to see pictures at ride height would have been pretty dumb, as we all know the suspension is going to be somewhere in the middle of it's travel anyways. With a 2 link I assume he wanted to see it all locked up to see if it looked like the driveshaft was anywhere near being pulled out of the transmission.
Ya, ride height should be close to correct driveline angles.. Laid out and full lock up is the extreme side of the suspension components. I wanted to see what yours are like.

I am curious though..
2" above laid out is your ride height? Man that is awfully low...Usually 4" is on the low side of ride height.

grounded said:
Hey everybody, look over here! It's a dead horse! Lets bat it! :wank:
Why not you are....

I just wnated to see for myself what the Extensive two link looks like on his ride.. He initiated the discussion sir not I. I merely asked a few questions on his particular install and he immediately went on the deffensive... Why do you think that is??? :think:

dapolice1 said:
Why not you are....

I just wnated to see for myself what the Extensive two link looks like on his ride.. He initiated the discussion sir not I. I merely asked a few questions on his particular install and he immediately went on the deffensive... Why do you think that is??? :think:
Funny that you think that was directed at you. It was a general statement, no need to get defensive.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.