GMC Truck Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekstensive

18K views 157 replies 43 participants last post by  Baggedon22's 
#1 ·
I wasnt going to post anything about my problems with them but i figured i should tell my story after talking with bill the other day.

most everybody already knows i took my truck up there back in may after waiting on the list for several months. well it sat there a month while mitch lied to me about it being built over the phone (im in ok and cant just drop by). i even asked him to send me some pics but he said the internet was out and he couldnt do that.

after i got down there and found out my truck was still sitting where i left it i had a long talk with bill the owner he told me whatever i wanted to do was cool and said he would give me my FULL refund back to make me happy.
Bill said mitch was gone and made it sound like he had let him go and he wasnt coming back. he made it out to sound like mitch fucked him over to so i let the shit go and decieded to give bill another chance so i left the deposit and reschduled the truck to go back in august 16th a few weeks later i called to ask bill something and mitch answered the phone? wtf he fucked alot of people over (supposedly bill too yet he's still working there?????)

I asked to speak with bill and told him i couldnt have my truck done by them anymore ( I was nice and calm) he said sure call him back after heatwave and he would send me my deposit. after a few WEEKS of calling him and getting the run around he finially got mitch to get my info to send me my deposit.

i got my depsot back this week finailly and it was minus $250 so i called and talked to bill and he said that was the standard cost of refunding deposits (even after saying a few weeks earlier he would return my FULL refund for all the shit i put up with from them) another lie in my book

imo my truck sat there a month while they did nothing and even lied to me and they have the fucking nerve to keep $250 for there standard fee

im a nice person that doesnt get mad often but when people lye to me i get:murder: :crazy:

im glad all my dealings with them are over

Im not talking shit so dont get me wrong i just informing people what happened

See less See more
#5 ·
damn man. thats VERY shitty :imo. he should have sent you back your full deposit the very second you requested it if he hadnt ordered any parts for you.

he should have sent you a little extra money for your gas and trouble of being without a truck for all that time. that really sucks.

you ought to talk to the guy grounded is getting to do his truck.

#6 ·
what i think is fucked up is the fact that when i went to pick it up they where working on a ford that wasnt even there when i dropped my truck off ( i guess if your a big dog in this scence you dont have to wait like us little unknown people)

i didnt get raped as bad as some other people have by other shops but its still a shitty way to treat someone that was about to drop 6k of hard earned money for a damn bag job

#7 ·
Downfall said:
what i think is fucked up is the fact that when i went to pick it up they where working on a ford that wasnt even there when i dropped my truck off ( i guess if your a big dog in this scence you dont have to wait like us little unknown people)

i didnt get raped as bad as some other people have by other shops but its still a shitty way to treat someone that was about to drop 6k of hard earned money for a damn bag job
damn thats shitty. if you have money to blow like that, you can definantly find someone to do your truck right, and treat you with respect.

#8 ·
That sucks balls Sam.

I'm not surprised hearing this from a shop that installs 2-links on peoples trucks so they can get the trucks in and out.

Maybe that's why you never got the work started? You didn't ask for a hackjob 2-link and they knew your truck would be more work? :crazy:

Horrible. :read:

#9 ·
dude, i am sorry to hear about your problems, i could do a SWEET bag job for 6 thousand, send it up here, or build it yourself, that's the only way to get EXACTLY what you want HOW you want it..... it may take more time, but would save a few bucks and you would be in control of how well the job was done!!!

bes to luck to ya, i'll watch out for extensive in the future!

#13 ·
outlawcrewcab said:
yea thats what sux is these guys who over charge and do hack jobs have more work then they know what to due with. guy like me fight for jobs and always having to prove my self but in a few weeks when my duallys done i hope to bring more work in

Since when has Extensive been know to do hack Jobs?
What about your new Link bars made out of chain? Im no rocket scientist, but I really dont think that welded together chainlinks are gonna be very safe :imo

outlawcrewcab on FSC said:
well most of the force on it will be pulling and if a chian breaks loose mo biggie its not going anywhere i have built 2 extra upper bars to carry with me

#14 ·
wait...how old are you bro? Can you weld any better? Sure it may not be the prettiest, but if it holds, well thats what he's after. Ekstensive is way overpriced IMO. Buy a good mig machine, and all the tools needed. Do it yourself, save money, and get some sweet tools in the meantime. :head:

#19 ·
Sam, PM me. I recently heard some stuff I don't want to post in public, as I'm not sure how true it is.

After Sam's problems and talking to another friend I'm glad Rob got back into this line of work. I personaly can't say anything bad about Bill or Mitch, since my dealings with them have always been good, but I've started hearing a few more complaints recently.

Sam, if you don't do it yourself, I know you talked to Rob, go with him.

#20 ·
well first off im doing the chain on MY truck so if it dont work big fu@king deal Who knows if it will or will not work as far as the bubbles that was from where i started to go over the weld a 2nd time to try to make it flush and the welder ran out of gas and i never said they did hack jobs but there are plenty of shops that do hack job that do have plenty of work i guess in the begining people though putting bags on trucks where stupid to.

#21 ·
Sorry Sam, i hate to see stories like this, when someones trust is taken advantage of.

It happened to my father about 8-10 years ago, this guy named Rick Sweeney was Advertising that he could do Street rod fab work, so we took our 34 packard up there and had this dude put on an IFS and swap in a Caddy motor for us, dude was gonna finisht he body work for us, since we had no garage space. Turns out this dude is some scumbag, stole maad dough from my dad, did half the work, then SOLD MY DAD's CAR.

It gets better, the dude moves away, just up and goes, we goup there to pick up the car after my dad called him and he ddnt answer multiple times, and hes gone, the DEP is lookin for him cuz he was dumping shit behind his garage and he left maaaaad cars in the lot behind his house. We ended up finding the car which was sold to some People up the street, and we had to actually steal it wiht a flatbed while they were at work.

:guns: Dirtbags

#22 ·
Sucks to hear that. All this time I've recommended Ekstensive to some folks, but I might have to stop doing that. I think they've just gotten too much smoke up their a$$. I sounds to me like was said earlier in the thread that your truck was skipped because it was a custom setup instead of one of their "billy bar" 2 link "assembly line" setups. Ekstensive might not be a hack shop (though I can't confirm that), but with attitude like that towards the customer, they might as well be....

#23 ·
Guys, this thread wasn't posted to bash Outlawcrewcabs credibility as a fabricator. Although I have some issues with his setup, if it works, more power to him. So save it for another thread :imo

Sam, I've been reading about your problems with Extensive, and I wonder how businesses with such bad practices stay around :think: In any situation, the customer is always right. After all the bullshit they told you, they could have at least refunded you the full amount, I guess they dont realize the negative effect it could have on their business. Oh well. If you don't bag it yourself, you should see Grounded's guy. Good luck Sam :D

#24 ·
im glad i got all this stuff off my chest and atleast everybody will know about there bs business and how they treat customers

also i know for a fact now since i posted this that im not the only person that got phucked over so it wasnt just me. it seems people dont want to speak up because ekmw is regarded so highly in this scene they didnt want to be bashed on by other people blindingly defending ekmw

#25 ·
00Silverado said:
Guys, this thread wasn't posted to bash Outlawcrewcabs credibility as a fabricator. Although I have some issues with his setup, if it works, more power to him. So save it for another thread :imo

Sam, I've been reading about your problems with Extensive, and I wonder how businesses with such bad practices stay around :think: In any situation, the customer is always right. After all the bullshit they told you, they could have at least refunded you the full amount, I guess they dont realize the negative effect it could have on their business. Oh well. If you don't bag it yourself, you should see Grounded's guy. Good luck Sam :D
This is just an assumtion, but it looks like they've been makeing the high profile jobs more important than the regular jobs that keep the shop open. That and they overbook. They aren't a hack shop. I know they mostly do 2-links, but get past that and the work is solid. They fix alot of the fuck up the local hacks do.
I'm in no way defending them against Sam. If I was in his shoes I'd be just as mad. There's no reason to lie to your customers IMO.

I have a friend that had one of his trucks done there, and had to drop it off a couple of times before it was worked on. He's building another truck right now, and bagging it himself after getting put off.

I would trust Bill without a doubt, but right now I wouldn't take my truck there until things get straightend out up there.

#26 ·
I want to str8'n some stuff out now that some things have come to light

first I have heard from a few crediable people that arent even on this board about this whole sitution(word travels fast).
there are a few story's matching up about diffrent events and it seems like mitch was only telling me what he was told to say???? if thats true then i apolgize to mitch for bringing him into this but i only had to go off what bill told me and he made it out like mitch was the one lyeing

im sorry i cant tell all of the story's about everything because there is alot of bullshit going on and people want to stay out of this drama and i dont blame them

i just wanted my damn truck bagged not deal with all this bullshit :flame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.