GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my dmh cutout installed so I thought I would throw up some pics and tell how I did it.
I drilled a hole behind the passenger seat and ran the wire under the carpet and the plastic cover that holds the carpet down, and under the dash to the passenger air bag switch on the dash.
I tapped into my passenger airbag switch/lights power wire and used a bolt to attach the ground, like so:
ccb4c8cb.jpg

This worked out perfect because its a switchable source and only supplies power with the key on.
Then I bolted everything back together and this is the final product:
c90d6618.jpg

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Looks good but why did you drill a hole in the floor? There are several rubber grommets in the cab floor to push the wire through and not have to worry about leakage or rusting. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it just curious if it had to do with the cutout's orientation or whatever.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good but why did you drill a hole in the floor? There are several rubber grommets in the cab floor to push the wire through and not have to worry about leakage or rusting. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it just curious if it had to do with the cutout's orientation or whatever.
There were rubber grommets that were on the side of the truck going towards the door, but they did not face upwards and I didn't feel like taking anything else apart. What I drilled through really wasn't the floor. It was like a round piece of metal held to the underside by some sort of rubber/silicon. I just drilled through the metal part and then but some silicon on it to seal it back up.

Edit:
This is what I'm talking about, this is what I drilled through:
3f53da53.jpg

This is the other rubber grommet:
f93169d7.jpg

And just a general pic:
fcb89e41.jpg

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a little video:
th_d6d4cff5.jpg

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Awesome, that's the same location where I put my DMH switch at. I've had my cut-out for about 2 years now with no issues. Other than the pipe surface rust.

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
nice...sounds good too ive been wanting to do this but just havent done so yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts