GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I thought it was the DMH ones that the motor goes out easily on? Or am I thinking QTP? Either way one of them has a crappy motor because people love to wear them out too fast :rofl2:

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I thought it was the DMH ones that the motor goes out easily on? Or am I thinking QTP? Either way one of them has a crappy motor because people love to wear them out too fast :rofl2:
From what I have heard/witnessed, its QTP. I planned on going with the DMH's on my truck, but I may also check out Race Ready since they are local.

Here's another topic http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85143
Can we just merge these?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I personally would not buy electric cut offs. I have heard too many stories not brand specific that if they warp at all you drive around with a exhaust leak from then on nout. With manual you just tighten up the bolts and no worries. IMO

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea, electric cut outs always seem to get little exhaust leaks. I'm gonna say go with the bolt-on plates. No leaks, and you can still open her up! :)

·
180k & still > 4.8 Rams
24 Posts
Ive had a DMH on my camaro for 3 years now. absolutely NO PROBLEMS and its been probably the most enjoyable mod for the money ive ever done to any vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts