GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? I want to get some but I'm scared it will soon break and stay opened.. :badidea: Anyone know of any GOOD companies who make them?

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dunno, but I bet if the electrical mechanism broke, it wouldn't be hard to jsut go under theere with a wrench and close them, unless you've got a dropped truck. I saw some at an an auto show once...good god. Had them hooked up to a 454 on a cart, that thing is LOUD through open headers and cutouts :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have just the old schoo cutouts on my 02....but i ran the cutout after the cats...but its strill freaking loud.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
It'd be awesome to pull up to someone , then they rev, then you open up your cutouts with a v8 and blast them away, lol.
I say go for it, I know a few ppl who have them and no problems. I hear they are made from better materials than the early years ( a couple of years ago)

later,

allen

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yoskater said:
Thats why I want em.. even though I found out it's a $2,500 fine! :evillol:
where did you hear that? My friends got one b4 his cat on his turbo eclipse. It sounds like a freaking race car. his been pulled over alot of times for having it being too loud, but hes never gotten anything worse than a warning.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i got a Mc Cord power plate from vicred. i hear it isnt the best, but it serves my purposes... if i could ever get the bastard installed... that and my edelbrock shorties...

·
Registered
254 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
does anyone have any websites where i can look at them at....i am intersted in purchasing some as well

I just opened a dealer acct with Quick Time Performance and if you want to purchase some of these let me know.
I can get a discount based on 1-4 orders, 5-9 orders, or 10+. I wouldn't mind passing on the discounted pricing to you guys.
I can't post the discounted pricing due to qtp guidlines, the normal cost is $149 for the 2.5" cutout. Of course this price is higher than the dealer price.
PM for pricing. If i can get at least four orders, we have a deal.

later,

allen

·
Registered
120 Posts
farmtruc said:
I just opened a dealer acct with Quick Time Performance and if you want to purchase some of these let me know.
I can get a discount based on 1-4 orders, 5-9 orders, or 10+. I wouldn't mind passing on the discounted pricing to you guys.
I can't post the discounted pricing due to qtp guidlines, the normal cost is $149 for the 2.5" cutout. Of course this price is higher than the dealer price.
PM for pricing. If i can get at least four orders, we have a deal.

later,

allen
im interested. Are we talking electric or manual?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
hmm how well do they hold up? I would think about it except I may fuck them up burying them in mud, watrer and shit like that. What do you think?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, you have to cutout a section, I've seen them on a camaro before, they perform pretty well on that application. I have heard some ppl complain that there is a very small , almost unnoticable leak when they are closed. Not a concern for me or anyone with a somewhat loud exhaust. Nice units and I'm getting some for sure, I'll let you know how they turn out.

allen

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also, the units/motors are sealed, so i don't mud will harm them, just my opinion though, maybe someone can chime in and share their experience.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I've read that they are nothing more than noise makers. Cool to have though.
If the price isn't too bad I might want em just for the hell of it :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
There are about 4 of you who have PM'd me. If you guys want them let me know, it's a nice discount but nothing to be extremely happy about. I'm selling them for cost.

For those in TX I'll have to charge tax and shipping is also added on top of the cost, like always.

thanks,

allen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts