GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, my delima is still here. and im sick of it.

i swapped to 2 Derale efans late this fall. I love them and what ive gained. but its pissing me off that the only way they make to mount them are some dinky little zip tie contraptions. I keep having problems with them loosening, and breaking. i have broke 2 since i found springs and put between the fan mount ears and the snaps, but its still a problem. i am looking for some way to mount them for good, and no more stupid plastic straps. i might as well bust out some duct tape too.

i have the stock radiator, and 2 derale fans (they go all the way across, meet in the middle, so they are pretty decent sized)

Do you guys know of any place i can get mounting brackets to secure them to the radiator or am i out of luck? i mean i know be Cool makes their rad. with the fans attached and a ncie housing, but i dont have that kind of money just to fix this prob.

I am going to try to make some brackets, but im running out of time in school so idk if ill get them done. any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help me! they fell off again.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not the fans fault, its the mount hardware, it plain SUCKS. theres gotta be something out there for us guys who wheel, them lil zip ties would be okay if i wasnt bouncin around and stuff.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
steel wire and jb weld J/K some one can fab somthing for you try a welding shop

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could machine up some at school or weld something, but on derales website they show a nifty thing to attach them, thing is you cant find them at summit, jcwhit, autozone or anyplace....... checkem out at derale.com they are the ratchet mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts