GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
you would need the wiring harness and would also need your PCM tuned in order to turn the fans on/off via PCM

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.. this is most likely a stupid question but does the wiring harness take care of all the wires for the fan.. i fell wierd buying fans with NO wires..?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
fan1.jpg

yup,it has all wires you'll need. the fans you buy have a female end for a plug to plug into them. the harness that you buy has the male ends to plug in to the fans. PM DLH2006 over on Performancetrucks.net He makes the same harness much cheaper than Nelson Performance.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Why not run an 18" dia Taurus fan? Pulls like 5k CFM, fits the 28" core rad well, and is cheap as hell.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
yeah get a junkyard fan or two and get a thermo switch for $25

Exactly. The Taurus fan is maybe $15. Get a single fixed temp relay for low speed (190°F is fine) and have an adjustable for high.

$60 in relays tops.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
ratt ron i believe makes harnesses too PM him. The harness plugs into the fan and also has the wire to tap into the pcm. You need your fans activated by a tuner, or someone that has HPTuners or EFI live or something that can help you out.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
yup,it has all wires you'll need. the fans you buy have a female end for a plug to plug into them. the harness that you buy has the male ends to plug in to the fans. PM DLH2006 over on Performancetrucks.net He makes the same harness much cheaper than Nelson Performance.[/QUOTE]cool man!

[quote="GMforLife, post: 1231705"]ratt ron i believe makes harnesses too PM him. The harness plugs into the fan and also has the wire to tap into the pcm. You need your fans activated by a tuner, or someone that has HPTuners or EFI live or something that can help you out.[/QUOTE]thanks Andrew! I even include an overdrive pulley for the alty to help them little whippy 105 amp units out.:evil:

pic of the harness:
[ATTACH=full]167204._xfImport[/ATTACH]
pic of the pulley:
[ATTACH=full]167205._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts