GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on electric impact wrenches. Just going to use it to take wheels off and on. Something in the price range of $60 to $100.

·
Do what now?
115 Posts
Looking for feedback on electric impact wrenches. Just going to use it to take wheels off and on. Something in the price range of $60 to $100.
good luck with that. Maybe a corded one. I run cordless electric Impacts, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2. All are 200 and above. My snapon 3/8 ran me 420 bucks. It zips on lugs on cars problems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Agreed, you're not gonna find any good impact that cheap I dont think especially not electric. I have a 1/2" Snap on that cost me 530 IIRC, not cheap but has done everything I have ever and probably will ever ask it to.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck with that. Maybe a corded one. I run cordless electric Impacts, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2. All are 200 and above. My snapon 3/8 ran me 420 bucks. It zips on lugs on cars problems.
Thats what I'm inquiring about. Corded not battery powered. Saw some at Pep Boys made by Kawasaki that caught my eye.
Really just want to know if they really work and what brands are recommended.

·
Do what now?
115 Posts
Thats what I'm inquiring about. Corded not battery powered. Saw some at Pep Boys made by Kawasaki that caught my eye.
Really just want to know if they really work and what brands are recommended.
i have that kawasaki corded and its just enough to take the lugs on my wifes accord and my bro matrix. Not sure how they will work on a full size truck.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Dad bought a corded 1/2 drive impact a while back. Works pretty decent when im not near an air compressor. Its not nearly as powerful as the air gun tho. Id like to pickup a cordless impact at some point...used to use one at work a while back and it was a BAMF.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Save your money and buy a quality impact.
I have a 1/2 Snap-On impact and it's worth every penny. $500.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Use to use a makita on my dirtbikes but wouldn't trust it with lugs on a truck unless I ran a torque wrench on them after. My friend has the snap on and it's the tits though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts