GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 NNBS Silverado 4.8 v8. Recently when I go to start the truck, I hear one to two clicks and then it starts up normal. Then on my way home from work, the truck started going crazy...doors would lock/unlock repeatedly, radio would cut on and off, gauge needles would fluctuate, and lights on dash would flash. It would do this numerous times in a row and then it would be fine for a while and then repeat itself. I can't figure out what is causing this. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out with some advice/suggestions. Let me know if you need any more info about whats going on.

I had to replace the battery about a month ago, so its new. I've made sure the connections at the battery are tight and has good contact with the post.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an aftermarket headunit with an amp for my speakers and an amp for the sub. I've had the system installed for for a while now and it hasn't seemed to give any issues.

And I forgot the mention that when the radio would cut off, I would not lose my radio presets.

How would I go about checking if I am dropping ignition or accessory power?

Also, after quickly looking at the cables and wiggling the + and ground cables, the initial click when I start has disappeared but I have not been able to drive it to see if it fixed the losing power. Hopefully that narrows down the possibilities.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: I've driven it a bit and no it hasn't been cutting off while driving but the initial start click is still there... still think it could be a battery cable?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it happened again. I re-installed my amp for my sub after I had taken it out to see if that caused the problem, it was fine yesterday. This morning it started fine but there was a noticeable whine in the audio and the sub started rumbling and then it cut off and came right back on. So do you think the amp is pulling too much power and the main ground is the weak link? or could it be the ground for the amplifier?

·
chevy owner for life
184 Posts
crap man what can I say, I would start by removing all aftermarket stuff one by one, and hopefully you will get to the bottom of the problem, I guess there's a loose wire or something that is causing this issue, or one thing is drawing too much power
one question though, did you have your stuff professional installed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i know someone who had the same problem. it ended up being a bad ground

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have a 2007 nnbs also, I had the exact same issue, it was a radar detector unit I had plugged into cig lighter, tossed the radar unit and problem gone. that was about 15k miles ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts