GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been having trouble with the cruise setting. It sets sometimes, but most of the time it will not. When it does set it will also randomly turn off and not be able to be reset. I am thinking the problem is in the steering wheel switches because yesterday the volume controllers went nuts on me too. The volume up simply didn't work and the volume down turned the volume up. Can anyone give me some help, otherwise I think I'm going to take it in to the dealership.

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
i know on my 2000 the cruise uses a momentary signal for a latching circuit to activate the cruise, but i wouldn't think that the brain that controls the cruise, would also be tied to the module that controls the volume on the hu, but then again, this is my first gm, and it very well could.. and if it does it could be a faulty controller, bad wiring could cause a system to "drop out" from power loss, but for a volume button to inversely control the system, sounds like another issue.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Lately I have been having trouble with the cruise setting. It sets sometimes, but most of the time it will not. When it does set it will also randomly turn off and not be able to be reset. I am thinking the problem is in the steering wheel switches because yesterday the volume controllers went nuts on me too. The volume up simply didn't work and the volume down turned the volume up. Can anyone give me some help, otherwise I think I'm going to take it in to the dealership.

Thanks
It could be a BCM problem.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically it's somethin the dealership is gonna have to fix? I just put 1100 bucks into the truck last month...now they get some more. :lazer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts