GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2003 gmc 1500 and it has just developed some interesting problems that I need some help figureing out. First ill start with the trucks info, its a 2003 gmc 1500 4.3L v6. It is 4 wheel drive with a floor shifter and it is a 5 speed standard.

So the trucks problems, the oil pressure guage pinned itself completely up side down and only slightly moves, and the tach stops working after about 15 min of driving, it slowly reads lower and lower until it drops totally out. When I brake hard or swerve my 4 wheel drive light comes on for a second and it looks like the 4 wheel drive is engaged even when the stick is in the 2 wheel position. Also when I signal about half the time my cruise shuts off.

I know the guage clusters aren't great in these trucks, am I looking at a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance

·
Scratchin' Gravel
130 Posts
Not sure about the other stuff, but I had the same speedo symptoms when my cluster was going out. Sounds like you might have loose wires under there causing the other issues. Did this all start at the same time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts