GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make covers for the side of the engine sort of like the Vette to cover the ugly ass modules on the valve covers? Not very attractive at all .. oh well.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Tex K5 had a escalade cover on his, its 3 parts and covers the valves. He should have pics somewhere.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
werd... heres pics of TekK5's
I was looking for that picture. Glad somebody had it.

I like that cover! It is :smoke2:

BD

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool stuff, it looks good ... I looked it up and it says it only works on 2001 up trucks, and mines a 2000 .... I also found some full engine covers but they were pretty butt ugly. Ought to be able to mod the Escalade cover to work on my truck if I decide to go that direction .. thanks.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
tek K5 modded his to get his to fit too. I believe he has a 00 too. He said he had to make brackets to get it to fit the top. good luck!

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
He did make brackets, they were very simple though, I saw them when we were taking it off.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i now have tex k5's cover on my truck.. i didnt have to do any modifications to make it fit. if you have an 01 or 02 it will go straight on.
here are some pics

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
those are nice. Where do I get some?

they look like they should fit the 99 5.3. Do i need to get all 3 covers or just the two sides?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
For the 99 you have to get all 3. The Denali's also look the same I believe. And yes I've seen them on many 99 & 00 models

1 - 14 of 14 Posts