GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - as you all know my engine isnt running right. I thought it was the MAP sensor - replaced it and it did no good. Had the codes scanned again and I got PO-0113 - Intake Air Temp high input. Well there is no intake air te4mp sensor on the 5.3. Could having my rear 02s unplugged be causing this? I ordered 02 sims from TByrne and still havnt gotton them in. Its definatly running rich.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Did you happen to log the front o2 sensors? I'm curious if they could be sending shitty readings to your computer, yet not shitty enough to throw a code.

Dunno about that intake air code :think: MAFS?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Ok - as you all know my engine isnt running right. I thought it was the MAP sensor - replaced it and it did no good. Had the codes scanned again and I got PO-0113 - Intake Air Temp high input. Well there is no intake air te4mp sensor on the 5.3. Could having my rear 02s unplugged be causing this? I ordered 02 sims from TByrne and still havnt gotton them in. Its definatly running rich.

Rear O2s are cat efficiency sensors only, they tell the PCM if everything is working or not. They don't effect A/F levels as you're describing. They should throw an SES only.

Didn't you say your IATs were reading -31°F? Your truck may think it's cold out and it's stuck in Open Loop fueling...where it thinks it just started up. Have you checked the sensor that tells the PCM about coolant temp?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok tonight luke came over and i borrowed his MAFS - reset the computer and test drove it

Result: ran 100x better, but the temp reading was still -38???? Could allen have set it to the for some reason on my tune? Could I have a bad wire? It ran way better but still backfired alittle at high rpms, is this just because my injectos/plugs are dirty from running rich for so long?

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
It could be caused by the long tubes you put oon. thats how it is with f-bodies if you put lts on and ditch the back two o2 censors it causes it to run like shit and pig rich. to fix this they install o2 sims inplace of the censors and have a custom tune done and that typicaly takes care of the problem. so if you haven't retuned yeat then i'd try that with the sims.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put 02 sims on today, still rusn rich, waiting for autotap to get here on wed to figure it all out. Also need to reset my computer again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts