GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I have a 04*gmc*sierra*sierra 1500 5.3L Extended cab. Recently I've been getting a high pitched whine sound coming out of my rear speakers in my truck and it gets louder when I'm accelerating. It's getting really annoying and want to figure out why this is happening. I have the stock bose*sound*system*other then a pioneer double din head unit. It's been in my truck for 2 years now with no issues until now. I noticed that when the truck is off and radio on I still get the whining sound coming from the rear speakers. Not sure if it's a ground issue or mabye the speakers are shot? I looked under the hood for grounds and from what I found they look good... any ideas?

The other problem I'm having ever since I installed my double din pioneer head unit is that there is a good amount of static that I can hear when the head unit is powered on. Even when the volume is down as low as it can go all you can hear in my truck is a hum of Static doesn't matter if it's set to radio or USB it's still there. If I power off the head unit the Static goes away. Not sure if this is a normal thing or mabye there's something that'll fix this? I tried adjusting some of the audio settings but they didn't make no difference for getting rid of the Static.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
*I have a 04*gmc*sierra*sierra 1500 5.3L Extended cab. Recently I've been getting a high pitched whine sound coming out of my rear speakers in my truck and it gets louder when I'm accelerating. It's getting really annoying and want to figure out why this is happening. I have the stock bose*sound*system*other then a pioneer double din head unit. It's been in my truck for 2 years now with no issues until now. I noticed that when the truck is off and radio on I still get the whining sound coming from the rear speakers. Not sure if it's a ground issue or mabye the speakers are shot? I looked under the hood for grounds and from what I found they look good... any ideas?

The other problem I'm having ever since I installed my double din pioneer head unit is that there is a good amount of static that I can hear when the head unit is powered on. Even when the volume is down as low as it can go all you can hear in my truck is a hum of Static doesn't matter if it's set to radio or USB it's still there. If I power off the head unit the Static goes away. Not sure if this is a normal thing or mabye there's something that'll fix this? I tried adjusting some of the audio settings but they didn't make no difference for getting rid of the Static.
It could be one of 2 things, a ground, or a speaker wire shorting on metal. That could happen from a bare connection at the harness of the radio. I'd take the HU out and see if any wires are pinched or bare and potentially touching metal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts