GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
i also have the 100k warranty. i have other issues which u can read abt in other threads, but i also just had a torque converter replaced under warranty trying to cure another problem and all my noise is gone. when u let off the gas, does it also have this faint tapping noise as it decelerates? i am so happy that my noise is fixed, but i aint telling them, cause i got the 100k.

·
123 Posts
it was a tapping noise on warm restarts.....mine was so loud it sounded like a diesel. i shit u not. it was exactly like what this dude is having. i have heard loose t/c bolts b4 and it generally sounds tinny. this doesnt at all. it sounds just like piston slap or valve clatter.mine made the noise on warm or lukewarm start ups. u could hear mine from in the house and it did progressively get louder as months went on. i got the 100k so i was waiting for it to blow up..lol. i still have very minute amt on first start of day which i aint worried abt but i am so happy the other is resolved. this guys just sounds the same. couldnt hurt to check

·
123 Posts
shit get under there urself and check the tq bolts.....if they r loose, take it to gm and say " fix it fuckers! " mine knocked all the time and that is what it was. i was so glad to tell courtesy chevy to blow me. everytime i went there, nobody ever checked it. they came onto the drive......listened......and said the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts