GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked my I-pod to my AUX input on my H/U and now I get engine noise and it changes as I rev the motor and it comes through the speakers... I didnt have this problem before the I-Pod and If I unhook the I-pod it stops and doesnt happen when I listen to cd's or the radio...Any help?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Get a better shielded coord that connects the iPod to the HU. Its not the Ipod itself, has to be the connection.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they make something to wrap the cable with to shield it? because I just got a regular RCA-1/8th cord so I dont know what else they make...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Do they make something to wrap the cable with to shield it? because I just got a regular RCA-1/8th cord so I dont know what else they make...
monster cable makes a high end plug for ur ipod... the noise is coming in through the RCAs. You could try getting a subsonic filter, but thats like putting a bandaid on a gapping wound.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yup.

i'm not an expert at eliminating engine noise.. but ever case that i've see with it has been because a) a power source right next to the rcas... or B) cheap rca's with a lot of Y connectors.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My power source does run by my RCA's so could that be a big problem?

I think I may get the monster cable and see how that works... I cant stand engine noise...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is getting expensive...LOL I shoulda just bought an MP3 player and burnt all my cd's and just been happy with that...

LOL But the I-Pod is so much cooler...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
My power source does run by my RCA's so could that be a big problem?

I think I may get the monster cable and see how that works... I cant stand engine noise...
yup... lol try moving yar shit. I had to rewire a tahoe b/c the guy's dumbass cousin ran a 4 channel and a 2 channel all of one set of RCA's and thought it would be nice if he electrical taped the power and the rcas together...

it sounded like he had a supercharger. It was fuckin rediculous.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I think about it... The 1/8th jack plugs into the top of the i-pod and the power plugs in the bottom... Im not sure if I could really get them very far apart... So Ill try the monster cable and hopefully it will get alot of it out and I will live with the rest... So they dont make anything to wrap like my power wire with?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if your not getting noise with the radio or cds, dont worry about moving the rcas and power wires around. I sent you a PM on this. I think you need to just test the input to the radio(the AUX in ). Is this iPod the first thing youve plugged into it? Try a portable cd player on its own batteries so as to avoid any other ground loops in the truck. If the iPod is hooked up with a cig lighter, try it on its own batteries to also avoid ground loops. later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts