GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late model 2007 Silverado and I’m trying to figure out everything I need to swap it I have the lq9,4l80stage 2 and the diff has 4.10 posi gears installed but I don’t know what I need to do the full swap and if it will pass smog

·
Registered
13 Posts
You already fucked up buying an LQ9 as that’s the wrong generation engine for your truck. Unless by late model you mean it is still a cateye

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you live in cali then no it will not pass smog to my knowledge. Gonna need a harness for that tranny and a new crossmember and stuff but I assume you know that. Tune obviously. Other than that you are good.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Gas petal, tac, motor harness (find a 80e for less wiring), all that has to match the gear on the cab BCM. All A/C parts minus condenser. Radiator and all hoses. Frame mounts, a lot of bolts, and finally fuel lines. Then 80e swap it.

If you know you have to smog, why didn’t you just buy a wrecked 2500hd single cab and cab swap to the 1500 frame? Could have saved a lot of time, trouble, and money.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I think I forgot it’s illegal to cab swap. I meant frame swap a 2500hd single cab to a 1500 short bed single cab frame. Cause that’s perfectly legal, but sadly you have to use the bigger 6.0 motor to pass emissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts