GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AK's and Chevrolets
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? My 95 Suburban has started a slight knock at WOT :flame: , im not sure if it's a bad lifter or what but the truck has 208,000 miles :head: on it anyway so it's time for a swap. The truck is a TBI :bawl: with just a flowmaster exhaust but other then that pretty much stock.
I have looked into a possible 454 TBI swap, but im not sure if that is the best thing to do. What are some common swaps that are done for around 2 to 3 grand that will increase performance. Hell I would stick with a stock 350 tbi if I could get about 250 to 300 horses out of it. What do you guys think?
Anyone know of a reputable shop in or around the Atlanta area?
TIA

·
AK's and Chevrolets
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
g_unit77 said:
454 with the way gas prices are, no way man, just go out and find another 350 and build it up a lil
You are so right :bawl: ! Then again im going with 24's and 4.56 rear end gears, so I think gas will suck regardless. Hell my Impala is a hella gas guzzler with 4.10's, but I rather pay 100.00 to fill up then drive a honda! Man I'm 6'3 280, I ain't driving no rice burner :ninja: .

So do you guys think I could get that much horsepower out of TBI 350? I'm really interested in getting a full roller drivetrain, as far as lifters,rockers,and cam. Any one know of a combo that has proven to show power results?
:head:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Check out comp cams the have the full roller rocker set up. The reason I said to go with the 454 tbi is that with the more built 350 it will give you more gas and it runs really strong.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You can easily get 250hp with a cam, tuning, and a couple bolt-ons. If you have another $350 to spend on heads, you should be able to make over 270hp.

Crane 2030 roller
Crane gold 1.6 rockers
Edel intake 3704 (throttle bores bored to 2")
GM distributor GMPP #1103952
GM heads casting #083
GM 454 TBI unit with injectors from a 9C1 caprice
Hooker competition series long tube headers
Actron FP guage cp7817 (to dial in your fuel pressure)
Wester's tuning

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jayo I know some shops here in middle GA that would do an excelent job. Everyone I know in atl are import shops and they don't work on anything with a motor bigger than a 2 liter of soda.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
for 3 gs, you could build a fuckin 300hp smallblock man come on, and if you tune it right, you could prob pull off 15 mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts