GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went to go start my truck to get the g/f some grub and bad news.....it won't stay running. it's a 2000 with a 5.3 and when i turn the key it turns over fine, but imediatly dies. when i start it and apply some throttle it runs but as soon as i take my foot off the pedal it dies. i did some work on the truck earlier and disconnected the battery, but i've disconected the battery before and it didn't do this....any ideas?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Was it acting totally normal before you disconnected the battery?? the only thing i can think would be a clogged fuel filter...but it could be a lot of other things...im not too up to date on these new computer controled trucks...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Mine did that after we welded my lower mounts on. We had the battery cable off. Turned the truck off, restarted and it was fine though.

The only other thing i could think of is it sounds like your mass air sensor could be unplugged or messed up in some way. When i had my intake tube off painting it i had to move my truck and it wouldn't stay running without the MAS on.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedneckDude said:
Was it acting totally normal before you disconnected the battery??
ya i drove it this morning right before i disconected it no problem.
Y2KSierra said:
The only other thing i could think of is it sounds like your mass air sensor could be unplugged or messed up in some way. When i had my intake tube off painting it i had to move my truck and it wouldn't stay running without the MAS on.
i never went anywhere near the mas i had to pull the battery to find a leak in my windshield wiper tank

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Mine dose that whenever I disconnect the battery. Just drive around with it like that for awhile. You'll have to give it a little gas at Stoplights and stuff, but your computer just has to go through a little relearn process. Everytime I get finished driving around, the next time I restart it, it idles just fine.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're right vic i went out an tried to get it running again. it started up, kinda ran funny, drove it around the block a few times.....now it's running fine. thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts