GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the oil and filter on my girl's envoy earlier today. i looked for grease fittings on the driveshaft, ujoints, etc and found none. anyone have any idea where the grease goes :think:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
hovisimo said:
i changed the oil and filter on my girl's envoy earlier today. i looked for grease fittings on the driveshaft, ujoints, etc and found none. anyone have any idea where the grease goes :think:
Do you grease them? I would have thought they now used sealed bearings.

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bcubed said:
Do you grease them? I would have thought they now used sealed bearings.
the manual says lubricate drivetrain, suspension and steering. i asked her to ask the tech when she takes it in for unrelated problems monday but you know how that goes. i'm not familiar with sealed bearing though this could be the case. every truck i've ever worked on has grease fittings, not used to all this new stuff.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm pretty sure they don't have fittings. I know the trailblazer I was under didn't. They take 7 quarts of oil though... :think:

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whifflebat said:
I'm pretty sure they don't have fittings. I know the trailblazer I was under didn't. They take 7 quarts of oil though... :think:
yup it's a thirsty sucker. if the trailblazer didn't have fittings then her truck doesn't either. thanks for the info, glad i didn't screw anything up by not greasing it in the last 29,000 miles.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
my moms has a nasty front end squeak and the dopes at the stealership cant figure it out. its nothing major its just annoying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts