GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 20" wheels on my 03 Yukon. I'm about to install the Baer Eradispeed brake upgrade kit until I figured out that I couldn't use my 16" spare since the new rotors require an 18" wheel or larger. Anybody else already solve this problem? My 20" wheels and tires are 1.4" taller than stock. I could just buy another 20" wheel and tire (ouch) but I don't know whether this combination will fit in the spare tire location. Anybody know?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
You sure it's a 18 and not a 17? If it was a 17, you could pick up a cheap Cragar 17" chrome/black soft 8 wheel for $70 and get a tire for it that matched the spare diameter.

·
Registered
489 Posts
yeah you need an 18 inch rim, for those I was reading up on that upgrade last night .....

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i've heard of people stuffing a 35" tire in the stock spare location. i'm sure you'll be fine with 1.4" over stock diameter. just get yourself a cheapo 18" rim and tire.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I have the EradiSpeeds. I don't even have a spare tire on the truck since it adds weight and I can't run it with the roll pan since i didnt relocate it. Never really thought about the brakes being a spare tire issure for my truck.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
My brakes also require an 18" wheel, so I made a 5th 22" Intro with another Pirelli.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
that would be nice to be able to MAKE a spare 22" wheel :crazy:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i found a rim like mine for $50 from a shop that had a dent but still held air.. i thought about gettin it and a 275/45 for a spare to keep under my tonneau cover

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
An idea, just get any wheel from a wheel repair shop or something or a used SS wheel. Just make sure the tires are somewhat near the size of ur others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts