GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on this for a couple weeks. I know there are several people out there who sell plug and play harnesses for the Escalade cluster to work in the NNBS. One of the big guys is here in Houston, he charges $200 and makes your surrender your stock cluster for parts he needs to make the conversion.

[video]
[/Video]

Not me. I have all the parts right now to make 20 plus and play harnesses. No need to send in your cluster and have it be worthless. I have made, tested, and will be selling the harness.

Install is very easy. There are two tabs on the side of the Escalade cluster that need to be cut:

Once that's complete, it will fit into the dash of the NNBS SUV's and LTZ / SLT pickups.

It is completely fully functioning. You can easily buy one off eBay, have it programmed to your mileage and plug it in. The best part is, it doesn't matter if it's in MPH or KPH. The Escalade cluster lets you select English or metric, which adjusts the speedo. The one I have is normally KPH but when you set it to English, you now have a. 220MPH speedo. Badass.

The main difficulty in making it look 100% factory is the shroud. I have made one from the stock Bezel and an Escalade bezel. All in all, this being the first one I've made, and having expertise in the area I have about 5 hours in it start to finish. Cost for the Escalade shroud was around $40.

The cost I'm selling the harness for is $120. Completely plug and play, and reversible to stock. As far as the bezel goes, I'll make them on a case by case basis. They do take a while and with my day job / family time, I don't have a whole lot to spend on them, but we will see.

Th finished product is, quite frankly, fucking awesome. It's the one mod everyone has been dying to make easy since these trucks came out and it hasn't happened yet. I'm trying to change that!

PM me for purchase details, and enjoy!

·
professional grade
4,193 Posts
Hmm....you have my attention

My only thing would be that don't those light up kinda blue? All the other buttons in the truck light up green.

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Backlighting is white with blue needles. If you have OCD then yes it will bother the hell out of you. If not, it's definitely live able. It really does look so clean in the truck.

·
professional grade
4,193 Posts
I have ocd.lol.

It does looks really good though, I just like how on startup the needles move back and forth....that's about it. If mine did that, I would be happy.lol

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. The needle sweep. Love it

·
Back in Black
127 Posts
Is this mod for the Silverado only, or does it work for a GMC Sierra too?

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Works across the board. 07-13

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
would this be possible on the LT style dashboards? I imagine even trickier with the bezel..

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will still plug in - youd still need a bezel made. Im sure a car audio shop could make one.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have a set of caddy gauges for sale

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Man I would love this in my Tahoe. I was just researching this today actually.

·
GM
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive also been posting about it on tahoeyukonforum as well. I have two clusters and harnesses for sale also, and plenty of harnesses if you want to supply your own cluster

I would assume it would work fine with a diesel. RPMs may be off though as theyre usually calibrated for a 5K gauge not 6K.

·
Really name Tanner but people call me Betty! ha!
1,885 Posts
Ive also been posting about it on tahoeyukonforum as well. I have two clusters and harnesses for sale also, and plenty of harnesses if you want to supply your own cluster

I would assume it would work fine with a diesel. RPMs may be off though as theyre usually calibrated for a 5K gauge not 6K.
Pm me a good price on cluster and the wiring please sir .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been working on this for a couple weeks. I know there are several people out there who sell plug and play harnesses for the Escalade cluster to work in the NNBS. One of the big guys is here in Houston, he charges $200 and makes your surrender your stock cluster for parts he needs to make the conversion.

[video]
[/Video]

Not me. I have all the parts right now to make 20 plus and play harnesses. No need to send in your cluster and have it be worthless. I have made, tested, and will be selling the harness.

Install is very easy. There are two tabs on the side of the Escalade cluster that need to be cut:

Once that's complete, it will fit into the dash of the NNBS SUV's and LTZ / SLT pickups.

It is completely fully functioning. You can easily buy one off eBay, have it programmed to your mileage and plug it in. The best part is, it doesn't matter if it's in MPH or KPH. The Escalade cluster lets you select English or metric, which adjusts the speedo. The one I have is normally KPH but when you set it to English, you now have a. 220MPH speedo. Badass.

The main difficulty in making it look 100% factory is the shroud. I have made one from the stock Bezel and an Escalade bezel. All in all, this being the first one I've made, and having expertise in the area I have about 5 hours in it start to finish. Cost for the Escalade shroud was around $40.

The cost I'm selling the harness for is $120. Completely plug and play, and reversible to stock. As far as the bezel goes, I'll make them on a case by case basis. They do take a while and with my day job / family time, I don't have a whole lot to spend on them, but we will see.

Th finished product is, quite frankly, fucking awesome. It's the one mod everyone has been dying to make easy since these trucks came out and it hasn't happened yet. I'm trying to change that!

PM me for purchase details, and enjoy!
Looks awesome can you DM me I’d like a cluster and wiring harness if still available I want to attempt this in my LT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts