GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best place to pick up an Escalade clip for the OBS truck? My nephew has a standard cab shortbed that he wrecked the frontend and he wants to do the Escalade thing.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Get OEM GM parts.....IMO the aftermarket kits blow. They are thin and don't fit right. I do know because I ditched my Mertec kit for OEM. The best place to buy the parts from is Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor Cadillac: http://www.samtaylor.com/html/parts.html

You'll pay more from Cromer for OEM than what you'd pay for an aftermarket kit but Cromer is much cheaper than just hitting up and dealer or GMPD....which rapes you on shipping.

I did manage to piece a FULL OEM kit off ebay for around a grand...only used part was the hood...everything else is brand new.

Cameron

·
Banned
28 Posts
I was just gonna do that 00 escalade from on my 00 GMC Sierra but my body guy couldent do it.

I dont really mind since he bought all the parts telln me how confident he was about being able to do it.

Im sure I could get you the whole front bumper for less than 500, with filler and all the necessary parts.

Let me know. All stock parts.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
So you were gonna put an OBS caddy clip on a NBS truck?

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Wasn't the Escalade and Denali front clip the same (minus the red GMC) for OBS trucks?
Almost identical. The front grill opening is a little different. The Denali chrome ring is different....little more low pro than the thicker Escalade ring.

Cameron

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Physh1 said:
Get OEM GM parts.....IMO the aftermarket kits blow. They are thin and don't fit right. I do know because I ditched my Mertec kit for OEM. The best place to buy the parts from is Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor Cadillac: http://www.samtaylor.com/html/parts.html
But what kis are available, a kit that would come with everything you need? The truck right now is in sad shape, wrecked bed, wrecked frnt end ... so if we have to massage the pieces a bit it will be ok. Th truck runs good, just needs some visual work.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If you look in Stylin Concepts catalog or webpage you'll see the full kits. They aren't GM parts but imported aftermarket. Sounds like anything you get may need some massaging but I am still really concerned with the thin aftermarket metal. Sure it may look good for a while but being that it's so thin it will dent much easier. It's worth the extra few bucks for the OEM parts hands down.

Cameron

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed Jason to get a quote for the factory parts ... also looking at Stylin's Concepts, there kits is $1395 without a hood, and might want to get a cowl hood ... whats a good cheap (read cheap again, lol) steel cowl hood for the OBS?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
There are no cheap OBS escalade/denali hoods. I've seen them for $700....they ain't cheap.

Cameron

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Physh1 said:
There are no cheap OBS escalade/denali hoods. I've seen them for $700....they ain't cheap.

Cameron
Really, is the hood totally different than the chevy, to fit the Escalade fenders? ... Stylin Concepts sells 3 kits, $1395 Escalade front with no hood, $1595 with a stock hood, and $1895 with a cowl induction hood.

Still looking, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts