GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am doing a escalade front end conversion to my truck over the winter. I am wondering who has done this and If I could pick your brain on a few things. For example :

I hear that I need Escalade fenders but it cant be from the EXT or the EST I need the base model ones because of the body moldings on the side.

Do I need to change my rad suport. If so is it a weld on or bolt on design.

For the hood do I need to change my hinges.

Do I need to mod the new fenders on the bottom to get the bolt holes to line up.

I am looking for some advise from someone who has done this conversion. Please help Thanks.

·
Your Neighborhood Jeweler
1,166 Posts
I hear that I need Escalade fenders but it cant be from the EXT or the EST I need the base model ones because of the body moldings on the side.

I know it cant be from the EXT because the body cladding is stamped into the fender. I dont kow about the fenders from the ESV though but def not from the EXT

Yes. It is bolt on

No

Do I need to mod the new fenders on the bottom to get the bolt holes to line up.

The hole that bolts to the bottom of the truck is already there so No. But you will have the weld the two holes in the body line of the fender shut and also graft the lower portion of your silverado fender from the body line down onto the escalade fender for the body lines to match up.

If you have any other questions or need pics please fell free to PM me.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
laynlow said:
Hey everyone I am doing a escalade front end conversion to my truck over the winter. I am wondering who has done this and If I could pick your brain on a few things. For example :

I am looking for some advise from someone who has done this conversion. Please help Thanks.
I have not done this on my truck but we just did it on a truck in my club. Depending on the year of your truck, and which esky style, the square esky front you have to graft the fenders the round esky front you don't they are complete bolt on. Thought i would throw that in there. We have done numerous clips on OBS with round esky with no problems at all and the NBS with square esky and had to graft the fendersl. Like said before the rad support is the same just need to head light brackets. Hood hinges the same hood latch the same. Nope it helps you out.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
are you dropping the truck or lifting it? just curious. i would like to see an esky front end on a lifted silverado instead of always bein on dropped ones.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am droping my truck. I have a 1999 silverado. I bought it to bag it on 22's and put the escalade front end on it. That was my intention from the beginning, but Now I wanna sell my 22's and roll with a different style. I have had the 22's on the truck for a little over a month prob about a month and a half. I will post them up for sale soon.

I bought a set of headlights from a 02 escalade. Does anyone have a picture of what this bracket looks like so I know if I got it with the headlights or if I still need to get it. Please let me know if you have any pictures. Thanks

·
JC PAINT WORKZ
755 Posts
yea what he said, plus how much does it cost do buy everything seperate that you need to get it done... is it cheaper to get mix match parts then to buy the conversion kit... i was also thinking about doing this to my truck make my sierra/escalade a esclarra. think it would be nice.
let me know on cost i should be looking at from start to finish its a nbs truck btw

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
On the fender you want to cut 1 inch above the dip in the fender. I cant think of the name of it but thats where you need to cut the stock fender at. Then drill out the spot welds on the bottom part of the fender and transfer it over to the new escalade SUV fender. Try to put copper behind the fender to reduce the heat from the welder. Everthing else is bolt on hood, hinges and all.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
nevermind about the lifted truck with the escalade front. i just saw that in another thread. it seems as thought the whole conversion is pretty simple to do if all the parts are in order. there was a page that i found when i was thinking about doing it that listed all the parts and part #s needed to do the swap on a 03+ 1500. i will see if i can locate that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
???????????

Beter yet for the people that have done this to there trucks do you guy have any step by step photos?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know how much the fenders cause in us funds?

Im also looking for a Escalade cluster 05 if anyone has access to one lmk.

·
2005 Crew
70 Posts
there are 2 or three companys advertising in truckin that do have the parts you are looking for. since it is not a common mod i doubt that anyone on here would have any spare pieces to sell. good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts