GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is all involved with swapping a newer gmc front bumper onto a 99 Escalade front clip? Got a 96 Crew cab Dually with the Caddy clip and it is cryin for the new GMC bumper. Not sure if its i direct fit or if i need new mounts. Also where is the best and least expensive place to get the bumper with the pads? (I have been watchin EBAY) let me know ThNX..... :cheers:

Attachments

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i can probably get a bumper with both pads for around 150+ shipping, or meet me somewhere.

the GMC bumper will require you to make your own mounts to the frame. ive seen many ways to do it. if you are creative, it isnt too bad at all.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You'll need to fab up some mounts and it will go on as it BUT the best way to mount this so it lines up well to the fenders is to section it...makes everything look like it belongs there.

Cameron

·
Registered
248 Posts
El_Dyablo said:
how do you go about "SECTIONING IT"??
Cut a section out of it and put it back together.

My bumper had 2 sections removed. It was cut below the headlights on both sides and probably about 3-4" total was removed. The reason for doing it there instead of the middle is so that the factory airdam would fit easily by just cutting a few inches off of each end. Physh1's bumper will be done just like mine since he's using my bodyman. Our fenders are also trimmed to allow for the bumper to sit up under them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1badgmc said:
Cut a section out of it and put it back together.

My bumper had 2 sections removed. It was cut below the headlights on both sides and probably about 3-4" total was removed. The reason for doing it there instead of the middle is so that the factory airdam would fit easily by just cutting a few inches off of each end. Physh1's bumper will be done just like mine since he's using my bodyman. Our fenders are also trimmed to allow for the bumper to sit up under them.

Could I do something like that by myself, or should I go to a bodyshop for that?????

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I'd say that if you've never done anything like this before have a shop do it....especially one who has done it before. It sounds easy to do but it can go wrong pertty quick.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The 4x4 flares don't really change the overall look imo....a sectioned bumper would look best. A stock bumper will look ok too but it's a little too wide for a classic ck truck.

Cameron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts