GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I have a friend that wants to install the new white face escalede gauges. These are the ones that go up to 120 MPH. But he was wondering if he has to buy the whole cluster to make his truck guages read over 100 MPH. An he does have a programer to raise his speed limiter.
 

·
03 Tahoe
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Yup....like sevenfold said you'll need a programmer to remove the 100 mph limiter....I think it's actually 98mph but it's around there somewhere...lol

Cameron
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Physh1 said:
Yup....like sevenfold said you'll need a programmer to remove the 100 mph limiter....I think it's actually 98mph but it's around there somewhere...lol

Cameron
i heard it was 98.3 mph...

What happens when you go over 100 with a programmer? Does the needle just keep hitting the pin or does it just stop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He does have the programer. But thats not the problem. He needs to know what else to make the truck read so high on the new 120MPH guages
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i heard it was 98.3 mph...

What happens when you go over 100 with a programmer? Does the needle just keep hitting the pin or does it just stop?
I tested this twice

Once in the middle of NOWHERE nevada, and the once on I-5 going to LA.

97.5 is abouts where it governs...... :( kinda sucks.
 

·
03 Tahoe
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i heard it was 98.3 mph...

What happens when you go over 100 with a programmer? Does the needle just keep hitting the pin or does it just stop?
Once it hits the needle it just stops moving. After that you can just guess how fast your going.....

Cameron
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
I tried it once in the city, but I was coming up to intersection so I didn't really get all the way to the govern spot...lol oh well I'll take your word on it.

Z71bigchevy: are you asking if you have to recalibrate the speedo if you install a new style overlay (up to 120 MPH) on an older style dash (up to 100 MPH)? I wasn't even sure if a 120 overlay would fit. I would think you'd have to buy a new cluster, since all the 120 overlays will be a different shape if you try to insert it on an older style dash. Although I'm not 100% sure...
 

·
Loves yoga pants
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
If you install a new caddy cluster(the entire cluster like I have) and have a programmer...the cluster calibrates itself...there is nothing to do...and you CAN do 128 MPH with the HPPIII set to 128...I know...

If you just want to add a caddy overlay...then your speedo will be way off and as far as I know there is not a way to adjust this...spend the money and step up to the caddy cluster and add a white face or silver overlay to the new caddy cluster.

Going fast rocks:rocking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
If you install a new caddy cluster(the entire cluster like I have) and have a programmer...the cluster calibrates itself...there is nothing to do...and you CAN do 128 MPH with the HPPIII set to 128...I know...


Going fast rocks:rocking:

yeah i can vouch for going 128.....and yes going fast kicks assssss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
yeah i can vouch for going 128.....and yes going fast kicks assssss
Yeah,...its 98.something. This scared the piss outta me the first time. I was chasing a honda down 635 and all of a sudden my face almost hit the steering wheel. I thought my truck had broke. It registered shortly afterwords. Since then I am real good at holding 97MPH
:anitoof:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I have the escalade cluster in my Denali and it bolted right in and calibrated itself. takes no more then 20 minutes to install. make sure the truck is off before you unplug/replug the harnesses.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top