GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a problem... I ordered a set of excalade handles and my pass side door doesnt have a lock on it.. So it has no hole for a lock... So I install my handles and get to the pass side and figure out that I dont have a lock... I called the chevy dealer and they want $40 for a lock by itself. So does anyone have the part number for a black escalade handle without the key hole? Like the rear doors I guess... They look bad ass, but I put a piece of plastic in there for now, but I think if the right person knew how they could open the door through that hole, not sure though... Any help?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My pass side handle on my single cab dont have a lock... It comes that way, I guess its just a single cab thing? Im not sure, one is smooth and the other has a lock... but I got 2 of them that needs a lock.... :(

·
Banned
28 Posts
Im not sure where you got your truck from but mine has 2 locks, 1 on each side...

HAHA... I thought that was normal... didnt you look at the passenger side and think to yourself... hmmm.... there is no lock there....

Hehe.. and yes I have a shortcab too.....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if you consider power everything, with steering wheel audio controls and turn signal mirrors barebone then Yea... lol But I have the LS with all those options... I just dont understand....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam, they maybe doing that now...They seem to be taking alot of little things off on the 04 models so it maybe that way... I wish I would have fucken knew this before hand...LOL

So adam you think the RH rear with no lock holes is what I seem to need? If so Ill just order that, and sell this otherone maybe...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, the lock would just cover up the hole and make it look like it is suppose to...

I agree, I have never used my key to open my door, so thats why I didnt care if I had a key for that lock or not... Ill order the one with RH rear one.... Thanks for the part number...

·
Banned
28 Posts
So since YOU never use it you think thats ok?

Common how much did he pay for that truck? Your telling me that you shouldent have locks on BOTH sides?... I dunno man that dosent sound right to me if I use it or not. Ever used that little tool in the fuse box for pulling fuses, or the jack and stuff that came with it.

If that was left out ... thats ok too?
When does it end.... like he said it not like he got the lowest package.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Well, if you consider power everything, with steering wheel audio controls and turn signal mirrors barebone then Yea... lol But I have the LS with all those options... I just dont understand....
LS? boooo you need to get SLE ! or better. I am really sorry to hear about your Lock jack. That really sucks, its getting to the point now adays that you have to bring in a check list before you buy a truck.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I know it locks. And ive considered doin that myself.

The point is... is SHOULD be there... I think thats bull if they start pull off stuff like that.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
No they shouldn't have locks on both sides, they started doing that option in Mid 03 models and late 02 SUV models.

I wish my 99 didn't have the pass lock.. I already had them painted before I thought about the rear escy doors not having them.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL Sorry, I am not thinking straight... I have a GMC and it is the SLE HAHA... I was thinking LS from my old chevy truck my bad... But yea, I mean this truck has nearly all the options besides onstar I believe...It sure seems like it from the price tag...LOL

I may just sell these handles and get the ones with no key holes, that would be sweet, I havent heard of that... Does anyone know if the rods fit perfect in the front, with the rear handles?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
There was some post on here the other day about using rear handles for the front. I wish I had before I bought my Caddy handles. I tired to find it but couldn't. I don't see why the rear ones wouldn't work though.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
From my understanding they did away with the passenger side lock for '04. When i ordered my new handles i wish i would have thought to order a passengerside rear door handle, it just looks alot cleaner in my opinion. Not to mention i have never put the actual key into my locks.

Now lets look at this from GM's point of view.

If you eliminate that one part from every model (especially it being a component such as a key) you are eliminating alot of production costs/component costs. So they are saving probably hundreds of thousands of dollars across the line by eliminating that keyhole, just happens it also makes the vehicle look better. Seems like a "win-win" to me ;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone see a problem with having them with no holes on the front and back?

I already ordered the one for the pass side with no hole, so I think I should just order then one on the driver the same.... any opinions...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts