GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the factory navigation from an 03& up escaladade fit and work in my 03 silverado? I have the bose factory system in it w/ the 6 disc changer

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
theres either a thread here or on performancetrucks.net, just do a search. And yes it can be done, I believe its much easier since you have the bose.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
wouldnt it almost be the more worthwile to just got aftermarket...?? unless you are hell bent on the factory look
I think as far as the actual navigation part its cheaper to go factorty, assuming you have the bose. Ofcourse that depends on what aftermarket unit you're talking about, since some of them you have to buy other shit to get nav. But other than that aftermarket is the way to go. Watch movies, play MP3s, pre-outs. Factory is pretty much good for factory look, and nav.

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to get the gm one because you can get em for a descent price on ebay ~600 +/-. And I just put sirius in my truck with the sir-gm1 adapter, and I didnt want to waste that. Im not interested much in the navigation, just a screen that fits perfectly in the console that isnt motorized

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I think as far as the actual navigation part its cheaper to go factorty, assuming you have the bose. Ofcourse that depends on what aftermarket unit you're talking about, since some of them you have to buy other shit to get nav. But other than that aftermarket is the way to go. Watch movies, play MP3s, pre-outs. Factory is pretty much good for factory look, and nav.
no way, not with the new D3 Pioneers having a map of $1,000 its gotta be way cheaper in the aftermarket, unless factory is given to you

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
I have a GM factory nav, esky 6cd changer, and SIR-GM1 in my truck.

Note that the SIR-GM1 does have one annoying behavior: pressing the BAND button will sometimes cuase it to change channels. This does not occur on non-NAV head units, as the BAND function has a single function on those units (changing bands). On the nav HU, the band has two functions. First press takes you to "radio mode" and the second press changes bands. The SIR-GM1 is not smart enough to figure this out, and it can be a little annoying (but not terribly so).

Click the link in my sig for more info. Note that your best off getting a Tahoe HU if you don't want to have to swap in a Y91 "luxury" Bose amp out of an escalade and have the dealer reprogram it for a pickup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts