GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I want to lower the rear end of my 02 Tahoe to make it level with the front. I heard a 2" drop spring will do the trick. Has anyone tried this or seen pics? I'm afraid that if it really drops it 2" it might actually be a little lower than the front. Anyways, what brand spring should I go with, and is that all I'll need for the setup? Thanks ahead of time for any info. By the way, I got 23" wheels with a 305- 40- 23 tire. Will I have any clearance problems? I don't want to do an entire drop because I'm worried about ride quality.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Well, NBS tahoes have coil springs instead of leafs out back, so I would get some drop coils from DJM, Belltech, or Mcgaughys. Those are the best companies I know. I think a 2" drop coil spring should do the trick for you.
DJM Suspension
Belltech
Check out your application. You can purchase your coils at:

Stylin Concepts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
If the 2" drop coil makes the rear lower, you could always turn down your torsion bars some as long as it didn't make wheel clearance problems for you ... I don't think a 1" drop spring if you could even find it would do much, and they don't do increments like 1 1/2" 1 3/4" etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts