GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
I've never heard of them! I know KORE makes some really good kits though!

·
4,725 Posts
It's pretty hard to F up such a simple kit..... $1000 ouch.

·
4,725 Posts
I'm glad I don't know

:shake:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad I don't know

:shake:
well now you do, and knowing is half the battle :imo

Lorenz leveling kit: $565
KORE leveling kit: $800

they're the same thing :imo

5100s aren't cheap, don't know what I want to do with the rear yet, but I might as well at least replace the shocks.

What size tires will that kit allow for comfortably?
37s, though 35s are going to be cutting it close as far as fitting in my 8' garage.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
5100s are like 280-300 for four... so 700+ for a couple coil springs and AAL ouch indeed

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
You post on dieseltruckresource like me, but yeah, everyone on that site seems to praise mainly Kore, Lorenz, and Thuren. Personally, i like the looks of the BDS long arm kit myself. I've seen it up close and they are nice kits.

Also, Kore now has a 6" kit coming out, and apparently they are going to be around 7K. :insane:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You post on dieseltruckresource like me, but yeah, everyone on that site seems to praise mainly Kore, Lorenz, and Thuren. Personally, i like the looks of the BDS long arm kit myself. I've seen it up close and they are nice kits.

Also, Kore now has a 6" kit coming out, and apparently they are going to be around 7K. :insane:
fuck DTR, as you can see, I'll get more honest opinions here than there.

Will you have to regear when you upgrade to 37's from your current 26's???
oh!

nah, going to 35s, not 37s, 3.73 gears. no worries, not like I have a 10 bolt in the back.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Looks like I need that kit for my blue lowrider so I can't get struck in your driveway ever again. hehe

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kit is installed! all I gotta do is throw the inner fenders back on and do the rear shocks. was going to post a teaser pic but I'll wait for the finished product.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
i still sit here scratching my head as to why you would put this much money into your suspension only to run tires that would fit stock :think:

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
To go sand mobbin', of course!!!

-bZj

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i still sit here scratching my head as to why you would put this much money into your suspension only to run tires that would fit stock :think:
they'll rub on the front with a 17x9 that sticks out 3" past the fender.

down8 is right, the only real wheeling I do is on the sand, and the stock shocks suck at that, this will be a major improvement.

kit was under $700, I didn't get the rear overloads. I managed to install it and not fuck anything up, give me some credit here.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Way off topic but Chris was talking about Thuren a few posts ago. I cant wait to see Don Juan's radius arms on a 3rd Gen Ram. I wonder how much dough they run???:hmm:

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Way off topic but Chris was talking about Thuren a few posts ago. I cant wait to see Don Juan's radius arms on a 3rd Gen Ram. I wonder how much dough they run???:hmm:
i thought Thuren said his radius arms would run anywhere around $700-$1000. i could be wrong though :hmm:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts