GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you have to remove the panel from under the window, bottom first outwards, then the top upwards(hope you dont break or loose any clips). Then its the whole rear seatbelt system (T45?), the door sills (3 phillips), then the 3 lower screws and the coat hanger (4 phillips total). After all that you have to pry the panel out without breaking clips or leaving them in the metal. You do all this from the bottom first! After they are all out you have to lean the panel out or bend it so the unseen parts of the panel come out from on top of the upper panel ! After that its a cake walk with just 4 7mms on the speaker itself
I would have a pic, but its too large. I decided to put my old CV plates in the back running off the radio and switch my 4 channel to bass and 2 channel to highs, I love it now! Now instead of 200 watts rms, Im at 400 with the 4 channel bridged and the 2 channel at 2 ohm stereo. Its much cleaner and the highs are much brighter. I also Dynamatted the piss out of the back side walls and rear floor

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i had to do it twice in my truck

the first pair i put in, one of them shitted out on me, so i got a new one for free and replaced it. now, its chillin in there, and is run off the head unit. it sounds alrite, except for the rattle it makes every now and then when it hits the outside wall. when it does that you can hear it from the outside

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
i had to do it twice in my truck

the first pair i put in, one of them shitted out on me, so i got a new one for free and replaced it. now, its chillin in there, and is run off the head unit. it sounds alrite, except for the rattle it makes every now and then when it hits the outside wall. when it does that you can hear it from the outside

on my 93 all it had was a small speaker cover, i broke the cover off because it was ugly anyways and had the 4 small screws on the speaker itself and
i put some cv 4x6 plates in their and it looks better without the cover on it

the speaker cover did have those small clips but the plate covered those holes up so it was all good for me, but i did have to make the magnet fit into the opening of the truck tho, i took a 90deg die grinder and cut alittle metal away, nothing that can been seen when looking at the plate tho

my 93 is a w/t model tho, thats probably why i didn't have any of that other stuff

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah yours doesnt get the full length panel you bastard

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
When I used to do them often I would use a heat gun on the panel and get it nice and soft then when I started to remove it I could easily bend it to just pop out the neccessary clips and replace the speaker without fully removing it...

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude Im not that brave even on my truck!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
dude Im not that brave even on my truck!
Why? You are way more likely to break them when they are cold and hard... I'm not talking heating them so much that they are goo, just about like they would be on a hot day... I've even turned the heater on and let it sit for 20 minutes and then done it.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
man wish I had read this before I replaced my rear speakers.Now I gotta fix the clips I broke and somehow fix the top plastic trim panel where I broke the end off it.what do you guy suggest? superglue?

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some metal back straps , like from a radio install, and some hot glue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts