GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw that there is a bulletin about this that just came out.............i thought i was having pinion vibration because my truck is bagged.........maybe not........anyone with bags get shuddering or vibration?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
it probably there is to big of an angle in your u joint for your drive shaft. i only have a 2/4 drop and i had to shim my axel up 2 degrees. that would be my guess.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jboomer said:
it probably there is to big of an angle in your u joint for your drive shaft. i only have a 2/4 drop and i had to shim my axel up 2 degrees. that would be my guess.
yeah ....thats what i'm pretty sure is going on with mine.....but i'm sure some people are having an issue at stock hieghth........and i just thought i would put it out there....its a bulletin on ls1..

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
ya, be carefull with that shit, because mines lifted it put a lot of angle on the driveshaft and the u joint broke while i was driving. very dangerous u should deffinantly shim it.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Yeah. Your pinion angle is off. You might also need a Carrier bearing kit if you dont' have one, since your truck is an extended cab.

Look into it cuz your pinion is probably off about 2-8 degrees. The KP kit is a bolt on to work for the GM truck in general, not YOUR truck. I needed a 4* shim on my Flip kit since it wasnt adjustable.

I think on the KP kit you can align the uppers and lowers of the 4 link by turning the bars. You will need an Angle Finder, or some way to get the driveshaft and yoke perfectly inline with eachother at Ride Height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts