GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so sometimes when I'm sitting at a red light my truck will kinda "jump" like it's trying to take off or something. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes me wonder if that's normal? Anyone know what I'm talking about? My old truck ('94) use to do the same thing sometimes.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
i think i know what your talking about and mine has done that before.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
May sound odd, but I bet you need to grease your driveshaft splines. It kinda gets hung up and doesnt make that final move till after your stopped. My 1990, 2000, 2005 and this 2008 does it too...grease solved it on the others.

Try coming to a stop then let off and roll forward a few feet and I bet it doesnt do it.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Does it 'jump" foward or feel like someone just bumped into you? Mine does it every once in a while and I was told it was the tranny kicking down to first. If I come to a stop to fast like almost slaming on the brakes, yea it will do that.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Does it 'jump" foward or feel like someone just bumped into you? Mine does it every once in a while and I was told it was the tranny kicking down to first. If I come to a stop to fast like almost slaming on the brakes, yea it will do that.
thats the feeling Im talking about...its the driveshaft binding and needs to be greased....you can fix this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine used to do that also. The dealership replaced a wiring harness and it hasn't happened since. Weird.

·
Registered
444 Posts
my truck has been to the dealer three times for this. there has to be something a little more permanent than just greasing the splines. my truck will be good for like a week or two then it is a back again.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
My 2001 does this. But only when the A/C compressor kicks on.

Sitting at a light, you can hear the e-fans kick on right when the HVAC system engages the A/C compressor. RPM's go up slightly and it wants to lurch forward if you're not firmly on the brakes.

At least that's what mine does.

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
yea, mine does it too... but only at abrupt stops, which my 99 did also.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
just try greasing the splines...you can do it yourself for free in the driveway if you have grease

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mine does the same, I was worried about it at first, but its been doing it forever, so I just rode it off..

·
the art of shredding
730 Posts
OP was not talking about slamming on the brakes. he was talking about sitting at the light, as in braking is all done and you have been sitting there for 15-30 seconds and then the truck does a kick forward. i think its normal my nbs did it and my nnbs does it every now and then.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
OP was not talking about slamming on the brakes. he was talking about sitting at the light, as in braking is all done and you have been sitting there for 15-30 seconds and then the truck does a kick forward. i think its normal my nbs did it and my nnbs does it every now and then.
thats the driveshaft splines binding up

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
well when I come to a stop after that I can sit there for a little and it will do that. Im not saying right when I hit the brakes it does it. Once I come to a complete stop, I will sit there and then boom, I feel it do it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine does it after I've been sitting a minute. It feels like it revs up and it wants to take off..lol I'll try JB's advice.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Right, this is exactly what mine does.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Mine does it after I've been sitting a minute. It feels like it revs up and it wants to take off..lol I'll try JB's advice.
I dunno...if it revs up that may be something different :think:
but the bump after you have been stopped for a few is the d-shaft needing grease

1 - 20 of 34 Posts