GMC Truck Forum banner

6000 or 9000?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After countless hours of youtube I still cant decide.im gonna do a single 3.5 in to dual 3 out to 6 inch tips exiting out the corners behind the tires.question is 6000 or 9000? Im looking for a deep mellow tone I dont mind drone but dnw than snap crackle pop like a straight pipe.which should I gp with? Also will be adding headers and small cam eventually also just to throw in there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got the 6000 and love it. Its actually quieter then I had planned. No drone inside good sound alround couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the 9000 put on today and temporarily had turn downs put on and damn the drone.greatsound taking off easy. But its raspy as hell above 4000.will tips help with the added length or a resonator?

·
Registered
319 Posts
We'll I don't have your motor, I love my Spintech. No pops or crackles, just a nice smooth deep throaty sound.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the 9000s on my LQ9. Long tubes, 3" from collectors to tips, true dual with an x pipe and no cats. While it is louder than I expected, I've gotten used to them over the 6k miles I've driven with them. There is some raspy-ness above about 3500rpm but it sounds way better from outside the truck than inside. Overall I'm happy with them and would buy again.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent heard them from outside yet I just know I can hear it damn near hissing at wot in the cab.im looking for headers now also just gotta find sone stainless that I don't have to modify beat or bang on for them to fit

·
Registered
419 Posts
Texasspeed.com has your ss LT headers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts